Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 09:33 AM

Default mojo suddenly stops working with TL Space

Hi,

I've got a mojo, and it's been great up until now.

All of a sudden it won't play out a QT that was working fine this morning. I was mixing this morning, no problems, then I switched off the TV (so I could get rid of that 15k whistle - it's an old telly) and continued mixing for a while. I then switched the TV back on, and the screen was black. The mojo looks to be working fine, there's no error messages, but nothing seems to be appearing on the screen. Other projects work fine, but not this one.

I've been trying to get it working all afternoon, but to no avail. I fear I may have inadvertantly done something silly, but I'm not sure what.... any thoughts anyone?

Mat
Old 12-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Avid

Default Re: mojo suddenly stops working - help!

What version of Pro Tools 7 and Quicktime are you running? Have you tried rebooting the system and powercycling the mojo?
Old 12-20-2006, 11:11 PM

A mojo not working properly? I've never heard of such a thing!

I had the same thing happen to my and I had to reboot the computer, and also reboot the mojo itself. I've noticed that I can't work as fast on a Mojo system that I do on a regular system because it tends to be a bit finicky, and can get freaked out if you move too fast.

-BD
Old 12-21-2006, 05:27 AM

I'm running HD2 7.2CS1, with the latest version on QT, on a dual 2.0 processor mac.

The first thing I did was powercycle the whole system - to no avail.... however, after much fiddling and experimenting, I've worked out what's causing the mojo to go black. when I had the screen switched off I inserted three TLspace verbs on my effects returns. Once the mojo has gone black, the only way to get it back again is to remove the inserts, all three of them, and re-boot the system. Then it works fine.

There is still plenty of spare processing on the system usage display, so I don't understand why 3 TLSpaces would cause the mojo to do this. Any thoughts anyone?

And yes, the mojo does seem to be more 'delicate' than my old canopus when running QTs. It's perfect running AVID video though. Ho hum, you can't have it both ways I suppose!

Is there a way of converting QT into AVID video files? I'm assuming you can do it with MediaStation, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive (only been waiting 4 weeks since the date I was PROMISED it would be delivered, thanks digi)

Mat
Old 12-21-2006, 05:40 AM

One TL space will do this. Happens everytime for me, is repeatable. I reported it to DIGI awhile ago.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Avid

What version of TL Space are you using and are you instanciating a RTAS or TDM version?
Old 12-21-2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
One TL space will do this. Happens everytime for me, is repeatable. I reported it to DIGI awhile ago.
I'm not using MOJO, but I did have a mixer tell me today that when he uses TL Space TDM, something goes awry with the Canopus ADVC-110. This is with v7.2cs1. It sounds like TL Space TDM is a common denominator here.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:44 AM

I'm running TLSpace TDM, latest version (I only installed it about a month ago) I think.

I'm not in front of my machine right now, but I'll confirm it when I'm back in the studio after the vacation. It's a bugger that this happened 2 days before the Chrsistmas holidays, as I'm not going to be back in the studio until 2nd of January.

Pat, what do you do to get around this problem?

Mat
Old 01-02-2007, 07:12 AM

Back in the studio now - happy new year everyone!

Spec is: ProTools HD2, version 7.2cs2 running on mac G5 dual 2.0 with 2.5 gig ram
TL Space, version 7.2.1

I've done some more experiments, and sure enough once TL Space has been inserted on track (works fine as stand-alone though) the mojo goes black and stays that way until it is rebooted, even if the session is closed and a totally new session is opened that does not contain TL Space.

This is a serious problem for me - is there any work around at all for this? Help!

Mat
Old 01-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Avid

We are aware of the problem and are looking into the cause and a fix for it.