Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 02:24 PM

Default pro control, surround, talkback and cue mix

I posted this in the Pro Control Thread as well, but I thought I'd post here as well for maximum answerage.
Quote:
This may be a stupid question but we're at our wits end;

We've recently upgraded our protools HD3 system with procontrol to surround sound. While working in stereo we had our main mix (1-2) going out of 7 & 8 on the snake connected to the procontrol. We had our cue mix (5-6) going out channels 1 & 2 on the snake into the recording booth. We now have a 5.1 surround sound set-up with the LFE channel going out channel 1 one the snake, Center going out of channel 2, Right surround going out 3, Left Surround going out 4, Right front going out 7, and Left front going out 8. Channel 5 & 6 on the snake are unused.

Now,
Since we've gotten the surround sound system we can no longer send our cue mixes out to the booth, and the talkback will feedback the sub if it's pressed in surround mode. As of right now it seems our only option is to re-wire the whole system (unplug the sub and the center so they can be re-routed into the booth), and switch from surround mode to stereo mode on the pro-control.

Is there any way to activate the 5 & 6 outputs? Is there another solution to supply the booth with a cue mix without re-patching and switching modes? Can I do something to make the talkback on the pro-control work with the surround set-up?
Any solutions or insight is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: pro control, surround, talkback and cue mix

Check this out...

Bader 51a

We have a few left if I am not mistaken.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Check this out...

Bader 51a

We have a few left if I am not mistaken.
Do you sell these? If so, how much are they and where are you located?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:05 PM

Hey Pat - that is a good question - do you sell gear?

This is Marc Frigo, and I need to get your contact info, since I don't think I have anything current for you. Email me at [email protected], please.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:18 PM

I just patch out of 2 other PT outputs to my Cue Amp in on my patchbay which breaks the normal. No more problem, assign my slate track and any other tracks I want to send to the cue amp. It's a work around but what the hey.