Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-17-2010, 09:54 PM

Default MXF corruption issue PT 7 need experienced advice

I know this is old, but I would like some clarification on MXF source audio corrupting in PT 7 upon reimport to Media Composer.

I saw that this issue was addressed in a CSS patch, but the download page points me to a different update for Mbox 2 Pro users, which does not say that this issue is fixed in that readme. Will the cs10 update work for Mbox 2 Pro?

I originally made an AAF from MC5, only to learn I need Digi Translator. I then imported just the audio from that AAF and built my sequence since it wasn't so complicated of a sequence.

After I reimported the PT work back into MC5, had my project freeze as a result, researched the MXF corruption issue, and got the most recent patch for PT 7.1 Mbox 2 Pro for XP (not the CSS one that says issue gets fixed)
I've reimported session data and copied audio from the original corrupt session and still have the corruption when I bring my bounce back into Media Composer.

Is there any hope for me to not have to completely redo my work via a fresh import of audio, i.e. is the audio in my original session from the AAF already screwed, or is it possible to salvage somehow?

Any help from someone who has dealt with this is much appreciated.

***Seem to have found a fix!***

It appears that a summing down internally in PT, then exporting a stereo file (as opposed to Bounce To Disk) may have fixed the issue.
Let's see if I can do extensive work in the Avid now with this mixdown file without the program locking up down the road!!

Last edited by tvjordan; 11-18-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Found Solution