Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2014, 11:01 PM

Default I have not received any support under the new PT + standard support plan

Hi Folks

Anybody here having similar experiences to me?

I purchased a PT upgrade + standard support on 8 Nov from the Avid store.

I obtained my new PT11 license and installed it without any problems. However the 'support' Avid is supposed to provide is non-existent.

I understand that I'm supposed to receive an Avid Support Code (ASC) as an interim measure until they update everybody's user accounts with their subscriptions. However, despite several messages to the Avid Store and to registration support, I have not yet received my ASC.

My messages have mostly been ignored. And on the one occasion they did respond, they did not rectify this issue.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: I have not received any support under the new PT + standard support plan

I will look into this for you, but since it is late Friday night, I probably won't be able to get support to send you an ASC until Monday.

What technical issue or issues with Pro Tools 11 are you having? Maybe we can help in the meantime.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:17 PM

Default Re: I have not received any support under the new PT + standard support plan

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the extremely fast response!

I'm happy to wait until you look into it on Monday.

Much appreciated.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:44 AM

Hi Bruce,

i haved the same problem. I bought the PT 11 Crossgrade on 22.11.2014 and never got a mail with an Avid Support Code or details of the support plan - also nothing in my avid user account.

Klaus
Old 12-20-2014, 05:34 PM

Same deal for me too. Purchased my upgrade 12/7/14, and was able to successfully activate, download and install, but never received an ASC, or any other information about the new support structure. Granted, I'm not having any issues, but seems to be across the board for folks that recently bought into the new plan.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

I have emailed the information for all 3 posters on this thread to Avid Customer Care. Regarding not receiving the automated followup email with the subject "About your new Pro Tools upgrade and support plan", it sounds like KnightTime may have received it, but not the other 2 of you. (that could very well be a mail server error on our end, or it is also possible that the automated email was caught in a spam or junk mail filter on your email client)

I've confirmed that all 3 of you are registered for the Pro Tools 11 upgrade or crossgrade, and that it appears in your Avid account.

Since I do not see an ASC in those 3 accounts, I'll make sure that you are contacted at your registered email address with your ASC and details of the support plan. In the meantime, you are definitely eligible, so you should be able to call tech support and choose "registration" to verify your eligibility for tech support even without the ASC you will be getting.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:52 PM

Thank you Bruce, greatly appreciated.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Admin Emeritus

All 3 of you should have received an email from Avid Customer Care (about 12 hours ago). If you don't see one, please check your spam or junk folder in your email client. Same email as your Avid account email address used for the upgrade.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:33 AM

Hi, I was wondering if the Avid account is supposed to show the 1 year + upgrade/support & renewal dates etc.?

I just see the downloads after upgrading and received a one complimentary Avid Support Code via email. Yet no new licensing thing in the account...

Just wondering if this is normal for everyone and Avid still need to update the user accounts?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2014, 04:19 AM

Bruce...

Is Avid going to use ASC's to let service plan owners "through the door" into the support system?

Is the ASC going to have a "one year out" expiration date?

What will happen if a user contacts support via the ASC? Will they be issued a new ASC with an "adjusted" expiration date, or will it just be "marked" as "not used" in the support system?

Seems kinda cumbersome to me...do you think it's just a temporary work-around until the support systems are revised?

I would have thought Avid would use the "somewhat standard" method of using a "contract number" to identify the specific service plan instead of messing with ASCs.

Needless to say, this should pretty much be down at the bottom of the totem pole as far as issues go, but I have the feeling this may be the next thing you'll be hit with...perhaps it you can get Avid thinking about it you can avoid some grief...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh