Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2017, 06:14 PM

Default Offline bounce doesn't work?

I just upgraded to HDX/Sierra/PT12.7. Have a track that I need to do stems for. I have plugs on tracks, and master buss. Been sitting here for hours trying to wrap my head around why my "offline bounced" tracks sound louder than the track in the session. I am reimporting the stems, but they are going out a seperate out to my Central Station. So when I solo the drums in the session, and solo the stems, for example, I can simply toggle the selector on my Central Station to compare. Offline bounce stems are LOUDER. Not by a little, prob about 3 dbs. When I compare to ONLINE BOUNCE, it's the same, except for the added frustration of the those tracks being WAY LATE from latency. How the hell do people do stems on this rig??? Offline capability was a huge reason I paid the 6grand to go to HDX/12/Sierra. I have 4 drum tracks (kik, snare, over left, over right) going into buss 1-2 (drum buss) and that going out Analog 1-2. Master fader set to Analog 1-2. I am soloing each track and doing offline bounce. So, first the kick. then the snare, etc. I've searched hi and low over the forums. Anyone got an idea why this is happening?
Old 01-14-2017, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Offline bounce doesn't work?

I'm not sure, but maybe more info would help. For instance, If you have sends working, make sure there are no sends that are going nowhere(IOW, a send to bus 14 with no AUX track receiving on 14). Also, try redoing the sends to use a different bus(I had a named send in a session and off-line BTD would always throw an error. Changing a bus solved it). Beyond that, since you are on 12.7, why not simply COMMIT each track?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-14-2017, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Offline bounce doesn't work?

Are the stems you imported back into protools and set out to an alternate output a mono track? Or a stereo file all panned center? Or is the alternate output of your interface calibrated properly compared to the 1st output pair that the protools session is being monitored off of.
Something in your routing is off. Or your monitoring is off.
To do stems enable the new stems track re-recorder button on a new audio track.

Or for single tracks like kick drum snare etc.... just commit the track.

Or your offline bounce tracks are not going through the 2 buss processing and louder then the regular protools session.

Or your solo monitor path is not the same monitor path as your offline bounce output buss path.

Could be tons of reasons.

Are you checking by ear? Or examining the files themselves for peak value?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk