Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 05-16-2013, 11:30 AM

Default advice/ Focusrite safire 2i2 ?

Hello,
I want to get a second interface(portable) and also so I can use pro tools on my home windows computer (USB only) occasionally.
I already own a safire pro 40 8channels with my MacBook pro, but wanted the small one so can be used in the field.
I've been looking at the new safire 2i2 for its great price and they claim they come with "award winning ' focusrite pre amps... does anybody have experience with these and are the pre amps the same quality as the pro40? and can I install the 2i2 as well in the MacBook pro without any problems with the pro 40 already installed?
thanks.
GR
Old 05-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Focusrite

Default Re: advice/ Focusrite safire 2i2 ?

I would highly suggest you check out the Focusrite Forte, as it has our highest quality Mic Pre and A/D Converter from our Rednet 4, making it the best sounding of our interfaces currently. It is also small and portable, with DAW Control and works on Mac or PC.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/