Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2012, 08:01 AM

Default Yeahhh - damn - it works !!!

I got the same problem ... and I was searching for one day and a very long night .... but now ... it was so easy ... thank you very much !!!

I never could solve this problem by my own !

1000 thx

Old 11-07-2012, 03:39 PM

Default Re: XPand 2 No Sound Fixed

Avid Please post a fix for this with Mac OS 10.8.2 Pt 10.3 Installing and uninstalling with the same result is very disappointing. even Reinstalling the OS wont allow for a good install and successful usage of Xpand2. Everything in PT works fine but this.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 PM

Mine hasn't worked but i will join the bandwagon.

YAYY!!! IT WORKED! THANK you so much! i'm going to stay up all night.

now back to reality. I did this and it still doesn't work. Is it because I only have a xpand2.big file in the folder you are leading yours to? (the content modify)

Rey
https://r-e-y.com/

macOS Ventura
Pro Tools 2022
iMac (Retina 5K. 27-Inch, 2020)
Processor 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
3.6 GHz Dual-Intel Core i7
16GB ram
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8GB
Shure SM7B Mic
Pro Tools | Carbon
Komplete Kontrol M32
AKAI Mpk3 Mini
KALI Lp 6 (2)
Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynaldoPena View Post
Mine hasn't worked but i will join the bandwagon.

YAYY!!! IT WORKED! THANK you so much! i'm going to stay up all night.

now back to reality. I did this and it still doesn't work. Is it because I only have a xpand2.big file in the folder you are leading yours to? (the content modify)
well, that's what I have too. The only file in the folder is xpand2.big. You sure you didnt create custom paths or anything? Those are my paths, if you changed the install path you have to change the registry to point to your path.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:10 PM

That worked really well - thanks heaps!

Cheers
Mark
Old 11-22-2012, 10:48 PM

Thumbs up Re: XPand 2 No Sound Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkerde View Post
I know alot of people have been getting problems with Xpand 2 not having any sound or showing "None" when they select patches. Other people also have problems with the dialog box not popping up asking to search for the preset patches. The problem is with how the installer installs the data into the registry. It makes an XPand2 key in the windows registry but what it is "really" looking for when it's up in Protools is where the content is in the "XPand!" registry folder, which is a problem on the installer. So here is how to fix it while it is still installed on your system:

Click Start bar on windows, in the search programs dialog type in "regedit" and you will see the cube looking icon, click that. Now Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, then click the "Software" folder. Now look for a DigiDesign folder, xpand that (no pun intended) and you will see folders for Boom, minigrand etc. Then you should see folders in that registry called "XPand2" and "Xpand!".

If you don't see "Xpand!" create it by right clicking on the Digidesign folder and then clicking "New Key" and type it AS IT IS with the "p" lowercase, the X uppercase without quotes "Xpand!".

If "Xpand!" is already there, go to the folder and you will see a string value of "(Default)" only available. Right click in that window and create a new string called "Content". Type it EXACTLY like it is shown without quotes. Then right click your newly made string "Content" click modify and put in the directory where the content is located, for example mine is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avid\Avid Virtual Instruments\XPand2\" (without quotes).

Open Protools, create a new session, add a stero instrument track, insert Xpand2 and it should now work.
Thank you very much friend ... is to this whole problem solved ... thanks ...
Old 12-23-2012, 08:52 PM

I want to thank you for posting a very simple registry edit that fixed this silly problem. It is really unacceptable how long people have been posting about this problem and Avid can't be bothered to include such a simple fix in and updated installer.

I wish I could say it was out of character for this kind of stuff to happen but I've learned to accept that Avid will never be proactive about simple inconveniences like this. Problems that simply do not exist in the Logic worlld.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)
Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 xpand2 fix

so I install Pro Tools 10 on Windows 7 and expand2 didn't work
so I try a couple of the fixes and it didn't work .
but I found out that the registry files are missing.
so here's a link where you can download the files for Windows 34 bit or 64 bit

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...-under-preset/

so just follow the instructions from this website and you'll be all set
I hope that this helps you out.....
Old 12-30-2012, 11:44 PM

Smile Pro tools 10 Fix for Xpand2

Xpand2 fix on Pro Tools 10

so I installed Pro Tools 10 on Windows 7 and Xpand2 didn't work. I try a couple of the fixes they didn't work for me
I find out the same of the registry files are missing so here's a link where you can download the registry files for Windows 34bit and 64 bit follow the instructions and and you'll be all set

http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...-under-preset/

I hope this helps....
Old 01-08-2013, 02:04 PM

Angry Re: XPand 2 No Sound Fixed

PLEASE AVID... another cry for help from a MAC user.