Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Avid

Default Re: Motor Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-euphonix View Post
That's not new, tho', is it ?

I gather we're waiting for some new release to fix this...

Cheers
Hey guys,

We are testing this firmware against product made over the course of the past three + years with different faders and amounts of wear on the faders to get the best result across each vintage.

JC
Old 07-07-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
Hey guys,

We are testing this firmware against product made over the course of the past three + years with different faders and amounts of wear on the faders to get the best result across each vintage.

JC
You also need to make the algoritm so that the fader slows down shortly before it reaches the endpoint like those expensive kitchendrawers... (would reduce noise, cpas flying off and increse lifespan of the faders...)
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 07-11-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Hey guys,

JC
ohh so you're not able to "ask" the divice which vintage it is? That seems to be a problem, though. But do you know about how much more testing is needed?

Greetings
Old 07-11-2011, 07:42 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
You also need to make the algoritm so that the fader slows down shortly before it reaches the endpoint like those expensive kitchendrawers... (would reduce noise, cpas flying off and increse lifespan of the faders...)
That would be great. Not that I have any problems with my euphonix mix, but reducing the collision strength of the faders when they slide down can only be a good thing. Considering the resolution of the Eucon it would surely be possible.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Hi - if it helps, happy to help test out any new version.

Have 2 MC Mixes bought January 2011 - both suffer from the fader noise issue.

Cheers

Chris Edwards
Old 07-14-2011, 10:18 AM

Angry Re: Motor Noise

I too dealt with the guys at AVID - Euphonix on this for MONTHS and I now have two McMix units one that actually works (not exactly as it is supposed to but at least the faders dont grind away) and the other that has two bad faders..... they admitted to a change in manufacturing facilities, the build quality is much cheaper... heck they cant even get their shipping guys to pack these so they will handle being shipped!! If you ask me I feel they just dont give a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep].
Old 07-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Avid

There is firmware in the works which fixes the fader noise, jitter, and slam issues. Shockadd, if you wouldn't mind sending me a PM so I can verify who you are and what went wrong, I'd like to follow up.

JC
Old 07-21-2011, 06:27 AM

I am on my second Euphonix MC Control v2 and same issues occurring Fader judder/vibration (mainly fader 2) fader slamming that gives me a heart attack every time and a constant screen flicker on the touch screen. The screen flicker is irritating but it's the noise that makes the unit unusable.
Is the above true that the faders are cheaper? Or is this just a software issue?
Old 07-21-2011, 03:42 PM

Angry Re: Motor Noise

Please, I have noise on the fader soolucion does anyone know?. This is my second MCControl MCMIX and noise and makes them unusable.