Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 06-02-2006, 07:16 PM

Default MIDI server patch files not available

Problem: can't load MIDIServer patch file. First comes a warning: MIDIServer patch file, bank, or mode information not available for this MIDI instrument. (It's a Kurzweil K2500 and it is available.) That warning comes again after you dismiss it.

Then you get the patch name dialog. So you click on Change, open the appropriate patch file...and you get the above message again with no patches.

A friend actually called with the same problem. He's also using 7.1.

Is it that PT wants the name in Audio MIDI Setup to be exact? It's not a permissions thing - I tried that.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: MIDI server patch files not available

I am having the same problem!!! If you have solved the answer please tell me!!! I have the 2500 X and I am using 7.2!!!

Thanks
Old 03-01-2007, 09:20 AM

I am having the same problem!!! If you have solved the answer please tell me!!! I have the 2500 X and I am using 7.2!!!

Thanks
Old 03-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Avid

Quote:

Thanks
Can you be a little more specific about the steps you're using, how your Audio MIDI Setup is configured and any other info on your system that may be relevant?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:01 PM

Sure, I get the "MidiServer patch file, bank, or mode information not available for this MIDI instrument" message when i try to assign a program to my K2500X then I go to Midi patch change menu, I choose the K2500 midnam file and it says the same message. I already tried with another module like the Triton Rack and imediatelly the patch names appear on Protools. I also tried doing a new middev file based on a Digidesign support comment and it doesn´t work!! I already checked my AudioMidi Setup and my device has the correct name! Another funny thing is that I tried on DP 5.11 and my patch names appear correctly. I am usisng Protools 7.3.1 on a Mac Pro with system 10.4.8? what do you think it is?
Old 03-29-2007, 05:52 PM

I had the same problem with an SC-880 sound module

I found the SC-88 in the 'generic list' in midi devices folder (this is mac) I copied and pasted just the SC-88 middev file with the text editor as a separate file and put it in MIDI patch names folder. I again edited the middev file from the name of the devive SC-88 to SC-880 and it worked, you dont have to change the whole script, just the first name of the device.

so
1) found the middev file in the midi devices folder (I also went to the manufacture's website, they have them there too, .middevs that is)
2) made a separate file from the generic list in 'midi devices folder' for the SC-88 and put it in the 'midi patches folder'
3) so now there is a midinam and a middev file in the same folder, the midi patches folder!
4) changed the name of the middev file device to the EXACT name of the device , that is in this case SC-88 to SC-880
4) open the patch list from PT (thats the window with all the numbers starting with 'none') and selected the middev file..
5) it worked

just one '0' made all that difference and i no longer had to put up with that annoying 'no such instrument exists,' or what ever it said, warning window.

should be the same for any device

is your MIDI studio or midi devices (mac or windows) set properly?

I Mac 24 inch screen, tiger 10.4.11, CPU dual core 2.16ghz, 2 gig ram, UB.
PT 7.3.6. M Box2