Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 09:22 AM

Default using pt live show?

This may be a risky idea, but what if I used my digi 001 for a live show? I am my bands designated sound man, and in practice one day, i was running all of the sound to pt at 128 samples, and you could not hear any latency using compression, eq, reverb, delay and some other effects through protools (and it worked great). The whole 4 hr practice, the computer did not flinch. It was so beautiful, all the sound was so much cleaner and more controlled and I can have different presents for each song. I can sell my mixer, compressors, eqs, and efx units and just use this. The only risk I run is my computer freezing, it happens once in a blue moon... and I know it's not 100%. Is this a bad idea? Has anyone ever tried this before? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2001, 11:22 AM

Default Re: using pt live show?

I've wondered about this myself. I wonder if it would be feasible for you to sell all that hardware, and buy a second 'standby' system in case PC#1 decides to reboot. Your only worry would be an overall power failure.

It's certainly not a new concept. Anybody have experience with this?