Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-29-2020, 01:17 PM

Default Artist Mix - Click on plugin in Pro Tools doesn't spill controls on HW

I've just been setting up a new partition on my Mac with a fresh install of Mojave and slowly installing all my apps.

I've installed PT 2020.5 and the latest EuControl which is 20.5.0.149. My problem is when clicking on a plugin window in Pro Tools, the Artist Mix used to follow and the HW would switch from Mix Pan to Input Inserts and all the controls were spilled to the 8 rotary encoders. This does not happen anymore.

I opened my old High Sierra partition to test if I didn't have a setting correct in EuControl. Nope - set the same. Even worse, I can't use the Artist Mix as I updated the FW on the unit and now I believe that version of PT which is 2019.5 won't work with the current FW on the Artist Mix.

Booting back into the new Mojave partition, I uninstalled EuControl and installed the next oldest version which is 19.9.1.17, but alas, same issue.

Anyone know what's up? It's been a while since I've played with EuControl settings so perhaps I'm missing a step, but for the life of me, I can't see what I've forgotten.

To re-iterate - I'm trying to click on a plugin in PT and have the Artist Mix display all the parameters on the 8 rotary encoders. This functionality was added some time early last year in EuControl. It negates the need to have click 3 times via the HW to call up the plugin controls. It was a feature on the older pre EuCon controllers and was heavily requested. When they added it I was over the moon.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Artist Mix - Click on plugin in Pro Tools doesn't spill controls on HW

Hang on. I think I found it.

I had 'Open windows on workstation when knobs assigned from DAW click' set to off. Setting that to 'Channel Mode Knobs' seems to have re-enabled the functionality.

But... the knobs don't seem to correlate properly. I'm only a fraction of the way through installing all my plugins, but thus far have loaded all my waves plugins and NI plugins. Clicking on RComp for example lays out the controls as if they are a default Digi plugin. Clicking on Input Inserts on the Artist Mix and selecting RComp that way shows me the correct parameters. But, if I load an NI plugin like Choral for example, click on the insert in PT, it maps all the correct parameters. It seems to happen with Dynamics or EQ plugins. The Dyne's EQ button on the Artist Mix lights up when I click on a Comp/EQ insert. If I click on a Reverb/Chorus etc. then the Input Inserts button lights up and the correct parameters are shown.

Is there a setting to change this so it opens all plugins as Input Inserts?

Thanks.