Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2006, 12:48 AM

Default Iron Maiden\'s new album won\'t be mastered

so what do you think?

"Producer Kevin Shirley (IRON MAIDEN, DREAM THEATER) has posted the following message on his official web site:

Spoke to 'Arry [IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris] on Friday, who has decided against mastering the IRON MAIDEN album, and I'm quite pleased about that, although I did like the mastering job we did in [New York City]. It means that you will get to hear the new album exactly as it sounded in the studio, no added EQ, compression, analog widening, etc., and I must say, I am pretty happy with the end result. I think some tracks could use a smidge more top end, and others a bump of bottom — but I know 'Arry well enough now to know how wary of outsiders he is, and I fully expected he may have done that, so I made sure I was happy with the results when I printed the mixes in the studio. So, that'll fire you guys on the BB's right up, no doubt!

"He's off taking a break before all hell breaks loose and the Beast is back on the road, and I, for one, plan to see the shows when they hit the States in the fall. Just a word of advice, make sure you've listened to the album a number of times before you come to a show — it'll make the concert experience unforgetable!"

As previously reported, the cover artwork for IRON MAIDEN's upcoming album, "A Matter of Life and Death", has been posted online at this location.

"A Matter of Life and Death" is scheduled for release in early September via EMI. The album's first single, "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg", will precede the album on August 14.

"A Matter of Life and Death" was recorded at Sarm West Studios in London with producer Kevin Shirley, who also worked on the last two MAIDEN albums, 2000's "Brave New World" and 2003's "Dance of Death".

The complete track listing for both the single and the album is as follows:

Limited-Edition Two-Track CD:

01. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
02. Hallowed be thy Name (Radio 1 "Legends" Session)

Limited-Edition 7" Picture Disc (To Include "Crossed Gun Logo" Sticker):

01. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
02. Run to the Hills (Radio 1 "Legends" Session)
03. The Trooper (Radio 1 "Legends" Session)

"A Matter of Life and Death" track listing:

01. Different Worlds (Smith/Harris) (4:17)
02. These Colours Don't Run (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (6:52)
03. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (8:44)
04. The Pilgrim (Gers/Harris) (5:07)
05. The Longest Day (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (7:48)
06. Out Of the Shadows (Dickinson/Harris) (5:36)
07. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Murray/Harris) (7:21)
08. For The Greater Good of God (Harris) (9:24)
09. Lord Of Light (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) (7:23)
10. The Legacy (Gers/Harris) (9:20)"