Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Partner Announcements

Old 12-13-2018, 08:32 AM
IK Multimedia

Default Announcing SampleTank 4

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/images/[email protected]

We are proud to announce the next generation of IK’s legendary sound and groove workstation, SampleTank 4. This update is re-designed from the ground up to be every musician’s “go to” music creation workstation. SampleTank 4 is now available for pre-order, click here to buy now!

SampleTank 4 offers a massively expanded sample library (up to 8,000 sounds across 250 GB of samples) and a completely redesigned, scalable/zoomable interface. The new library features high-end recordings of all new concert pianos, keyboards, guitars, bass, drums, strings, brass, synths, vocals, percussion and more, all with articulations and round robins for the most realistic performance yet, with over 120,000 new samples added. SampleTank 4 also adds 13 new effects, for a grand total of 70 studio-quality effects. Effects like these have never before been heard in a virtual instrument – they’re all derived from IK’s industry-leading AmpliTube and T-RackS software.

The new sound engine offers powerful, more creative sound design. Working with multiple sounds has been made easier with a new dedicated Layer interface that enables setting up layers and split-points for up to 16 simultaneous sounds. Editing is more powerful, too. Choose from 16 modeled filters, edit envelopes, oscillators, portamento, polyphony and more. Users can edit an entire sound or access individual articulations, zones, or single samples, for the deepest level of control.

A new, cutting-edge modulation matrix allows for linking sources like envelopes, LFOs and oscillators to almost any control, for designing intricate soundscapes.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/[email protected]

Thanks to SampleTank 4’s completely redesigned GUI, the interface is now fully scalable/zoomable to re-size conveniently on any type of modern displays. Plus, a new cutting-edge sound engine offers efficient hard-disk streaming, meaning sounds load faster than ever and perform like never before. The re-designed Sound Browser lets users browse, filter and search by style, genre and mood to find inspiring sounds faster. Dig deep into each element of your sound for a level of customization and personalization like no other. Layer, mix, apreggiate, loop, add effects, and more all in the same program. Create and save all of your effects to revisit them when needed.

SampleTank 4 makes it easier than ever to hit the stage. A unique, re-designed Live mode offers fingertip-ready controls for live performance and lets users build an entire set list and create song presets. SampleTank 4 is designed to work with any standard MIDI controller, from keyboards, to pads, and more. This allows for seamless integration in both studio and live settings.

Three versions are available now for preorder: SampleTank 4 SE, SampleTank 4, and SampleTank 4 MAX.

SampleTank 4 will ship early 2019. Through the end of the year, IK is offering a special pre-order discount:

SampleTank 4 SE – an affordably-priced entry into the SampleTank line, offering 2,000 carefully chosen instruments for 30 GB of sounds.
MSRP $/€149.99 – special pre-order price $/€99.99

SampleTank 4 – Over 100 GB of sounds, including 70 GB of newly recorded material for 6,000 sounds overall.
MSRP: $/€$299.99 – special pre-order price $/€199.99

SampleTank 4 MAX – the largest sample library IK has ever produced, over 250 GB including 200 GB of all new sounds. That’s over 8,000 sounds in total.
MSRP $/€499.99 – special pre-order price $/€299.99

Upgrades: Users of existing SampleTank versions, or any other IK product that retails for $99.99 and up, can also upgrade for the special pre-order price of: SampleTank 4 – $/€149.99; SampleTank 4 MAX - $/€199.99.

Previous versions: Any customer who purchases or receives any version of SampleTank 3 as part of a hardware or software bundle on or after November 13, 2018, will receive SampleTank 4 SE for free at release.

Any customer who purchases SampleTank 3 SE, SampleTank 3 or SampleTank MAX on or after November 13, 2018, will receive the equivalent version of SampleTank 4 for free at release.

Watch SampleTank 4 in action with our demo videos and hear audio demos at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/product...ex.php?p=media.

To learn everything about about this extraordinary new soundstation visit the SampleTank 4 webpage or click here to pre-order now.

Although IK strives to provide accurate product and pricing information, unintentional pricing or typographical errors may occur. Prices do not include taxes. IK reserves the right to correct, change or update information such as pricing, availability and product descriptions, at any time without notice.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:46 AM
IK Multimedia

Default Re: Announcing SampleTank 4 - Avaiable for pre-order now

Special pre-order pricing is still in effect! Check out SampleTank 4 now!
Old 01-03-2019, 06:17 PM

Great, another chance to lose your settings from an earlier sesh if you upgrade...
Old 01-04-2019, 02:21 AM

...exactly... or even better wait a couple of months and IK will announce a 'deal' that will make mugs of those who got in early. I have been there several times with that one...
Old 01-04-2019, 07:58 AM

So this won't be backward compatible?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-04-2019, 03:10 PM
IK Multimedia

I don't understand how you will lose settings. This is a completely new install and your old projects with SampleTank 3 will not be affected in the least.

If you'd like to use SampleTank 3 sounds going forward you can point SampleTank 4 at your existing SampleTank 3 library location (SampleTank 4 now allows multiple library locations) and it will read those and you can go forward that way if you wish.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:11 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthert View Post
...exactly... or even better wait a couple of months and IK will announce a 'deal' that will make mugs of those who got in early. I have been there several times with that one...
We wait FAR more than "a couple of months" to go below our pre-order/introductory deals. The team that crafts promos specifically notes this when planning them. Sorry that you feel burnt, feel free to PM me with more details and I'll see what I can do.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK Multimedia View Post
I don't understand how you will lose settings. This is a completely new install and your old projects with SampleTank 3 will not be affected in the least.

If you'd like to use SampleTank 3 sounds going forward you can point SampleTank 4 at your existing SampleTank 3 library location (SampleTank 4 now allows multiple library locations) and it will read those and you can go forward that way if you wish.
Thanks for the answer, Peter. The allowance for multiple library locations is a great feature.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-07-2019, 04:00 AM

Backwards compatible with what?

We routinely recall older sessions and it's unbelievably maddening
when in front of the talent, the patch you work so hard to create, comes up blank;
whether it's a complex string patch in Philharmonik,
or a honky tonk piano in Sample Tank.
All the more frustrating, because the original folders are nested within the newer versions;
all IKM would need to do is point to them and retrieve your settings.

I know it can be done because Sonnox, among others was able to implement it just fine.

According to Ryan Swannick Service and support at IKM-
“Unfortunately, will not recall for older sessions with Miroslav Philharmonik”

In conversations regarding Sample Tank and MP with Paul Hudson- Service and support
and Tom McClure- Marketing Manager at IK multimedia
they replied-
“will pass along the suggestions/requests to our developers and hopefully we can find more elegant solutions to the concerns you brought up.”

So are you declaring Peter, that these legacy issues have been addressed and we no longer have to worry about session time bombs?
e
for the record studios
Old 01-07-2019, 07:09 AM

This is starting to look a bit blurry, I think I'll wait to be sure no session will be altered in any way after updating. If there's even the slightest chance that a ST3 session will not open identically in ST4... I'm out.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com