Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-14-2001, 09:16 PM

Default Absynth Help

O.K., Im losing it. I have Absynth 1.0.2 installed and it sounds great. Problem, I no nothing when it comes to routing MIDI into PT. Ive read a few posts and tried getting it. No luck. Another thing, Im currently useing the on screen keyboard. (dont think this should matter)
All I can tell you is that Absynth is recognized as a MIDI output in the Mixer window. Thats about all Im getting. Oh, and it uses OMS. I think the newer version uses Directconnect.

Can anyone help?
[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2001, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Absynth Help

i'm in the same problem,couldn't manage to work properly DirectConnect.i have also the insert in the plugins list but it cannot open it.I read in a old post that it was related to ASIO driver(its locatio, type so on..)confused: Sorry i can't help you more,try another search with different words.
Ongaku.
(soothes your ears)
Old 11-16-2001, 07:55 AM
Avid

Default Re: Absynth Help

Since Native Instruments created Absynth, it is possible that its setup is similar to Reaktor. Therefore check out the following steps on how to configure Reaktor for use with DirectConnect:

-When Reaktor is installed by default it has 2 mono outputs in the Audio Outputs section - you should choose
0-mono
1-stereo

-Make sure the audio outputs section of Reaktor is set to "DAE Direct Connect"
-Create a Stereo Aux in PT (don’t forget to raise the fader!)
-Open the Inserts menu and select Reaktor from the list.

(Reaktor by default will be set to mono, so you could choose a Mono Aux in PT & the plug in should be active - BUT Reaktor chooses the Mono outputs first then the Stereo ones, so you have to set the output of the instrument in the editor of Reaktor to come out of outputs 3-4 [ mono-a output 1, mono-b output 2, stereo-a outputs 3-4] - it's not super clear in the manual)

-Define an IAC bus in OMS (double click IAC icon in your current OMS setup file) name one of the empty buses Reaktor, then you choose it as the 'MIDI In' within Reaktor (make sure you have chosen OMS as the MIDI driver)

-You can then choose Reaktor-1 from the output of the MIDI track within Pro Tools. You should see the MIDI light in Reaktor flash when you Rec-enable the MIDI track (don't forget to enable Active in background for Pro tools & Run MIDI in background in OMS).

Brent