Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 11-25-2010, 03:15 PM

Default UK delivery problem?

Is anyone else having a problem with crossgrade purchase delivery from Digital Village (DV247)? Ordered (and paid for) 12th November. Yesterday got an email from supplier stating difficulty obtaining product and estimated delivery being "late November".
Having originally purchased 003 Factory from Digital Village with PT8LE (plus a heap of other stuff) I chose to have continuity and support from them - thus the reason for purchasing from them - I just am puzzled by the delay.
Makes me feel like bothering with the 8.04 upgrade from 8.03 which I'd decided to not bother with given the PT9 release.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:24 PM

Default Re: UK delivery problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeadhead View Post
Is anyone else having a problem with crossgrade purchase delivery from Digital Village (DV247)? Ordered (and paid for) 12th November. Yesterday got an email from supplier stating difficulty obtaining product and estimated delivery being "late November".
Having originally purchased 003 Factory from Digital Village with PT8LE (plus a heap of other stuff) I chose to have continuity and support from them - thus the reason for purchasing from them - I just am puzzled by the delay.
Makes me feel like bothering with the 8.04 upgrade from 8.03 which I'd decided to not bother with given the PT9 release.
Seems as if AVID gives a DA'' about their European dealers. Went to my dealer today to get a few cables then talked to my friend who runs the studio department. He asked me if I could tell him about PT9 and how it runs. He said that till this date they had not received ONE package to sell. Oh yeah, he was plenty angry with AVID and compared them with APPLE and how they treat their dealers....
Old 11-25-2010, 03:36 PM

All the sites that I've checked out offering boxed product have been saying 'late november' as the estimated despatch date, so DV isn't any different to the rest.

Is boxed product already actually shipping in the USA? Or are people over there buying the download version, like we can?
Old 11-25-2010, 03:42 PM

I had my crossgrade backordered with DV but found this deal with Sweetwater in the US. I emailed them to find out if I was eligible being from the UK and got a near instant reply stating yes. Within five minutes I was downloading my installer. Due to the exchange I saved about £30 too!

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PT9LEup-e
Old 11-25-2010, 04:03 PM

Smile Re: UK delivery problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
All the sites that I've checked out offering boxed product have been saying 'late november' as the estimated despatch date, so DV isn't any different to the rest.

Is boxed product already actually shipping in the USA? Or are people over there buying the download version, like we can?
Good question re USA shipping.
Let's hope that late November comes before the end of the year
Old 11-25-2010, 04:59 PM

Does anybody want to get the download for me, with all my codes etc, then stick it on a DVD and send it over here to the uk?
Old 11-26-2010, 01:54 PM

It looks like the only place in the Uk which has PT9 in stock is Avid itself:

http://shop.avid.com/store/product.d...24639693075136

Although that said Digital Village's price is £50 less.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:59 PM

Adampt8,

You are not able to download it yourself?

Download worked fine for me and a coupled of friends had success first time too, here in the uk.