Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2011, 06:04 PM

Default How make region list default to last-created region?

Every time I create a region (which I do again and again in rapid succession since I'm picking selected utterances in a spoken dialog to save as .wav files), I would like to drag the newly created region to the track just below the main track from which it came. But as soon as I enter enough regions to fill the regions list window, I have to drag the list down to the region I want (their names are sequentially numbered). It would make my life so much easier if, whenever I create a region, the region list window moves automatically to where the newly created region resides...

But I see no way in preferences to make this happen. Is there a way?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:30 PM

Default Re: How make region list default to last-created region?

In Slip Mode, why not just immediately Drag the new region to the track below or Alt+Drag if you want to copy it?

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 11-22-2011, 08:39 AM

Default Re: How make region list default to last-created region?

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to work. In slip mode, which is what I'm already working from, touching the selected region area in an attempt to drag it merely selects the particular spot clicked - at least it does if the cursor type is a vertical bar. If you switch the cursor type to the hand, selecting the region area selects the entire track.

So far the best solution I've found has been to start defining regions from the end of the tape backward. Then the most recently created region tends to appear in the currently viewed portion of the regions list window, without my having to scroll down to see it, where it is fact selected in the regions list, just not immediately viewable with out dragging the scroll bar down. That may seem a trivial matter, but it adds up when one is creating hundreds of regions!