Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2001, 09:23 PM

Default minidisc

hi there

i'm trying to transfer sound from a minidisc player to an IBook... I have a device called an
IMic that plugs into one of the USB ports, and my minidisc is plugged into the IMic... I'm a
Protools newbie (although I've worked with other sound editing software), and I can't seem to get the sound to transfer... Where am I going wrong?? Can anyone walk me through what I should be doing?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-03-2001, 05:46 AM

Default Re: minidisc

quote:
Originally posted by minidisc:
hi there

i'm trying to transfer sound from a minidisc player to an IBook... I have a device called an
IMic that plugs into one of the USB ports, and my minidisc is plugged into the IMic... I'm a
Protools newbie (although I've worked with other sound editing software), and I can't seem to get the sound to transfer... Where am I going wrong?? Can anyone walk me through what I should be doing?

Thanks in advance

I use the same setup. It seems to me that you need to open your sound control panel and select the USB in both the Input and Output sections. Plug your headphones into the speaker side of the iMic, and away you go.

Have fun