Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 05:32 AM

Default \"No automation could be written....

All of a sudden my Control|24 starts to mess up my Pro Tools rig. When it's enabled i get this dialogue saying
"No automation could be written because automation recording/playback is disabled for each of the individual controls and/or automation recording is disabled in the automation enable window. "
This comes every second or 2. It does on all sessions I have and nothing has been changed.
As soon as I disable the Control in Peripherals it doesn't act up.

I have tried to do a sysreset of the control but that doesn't help.

Hope you can help me. I'm pretty desperate because it's useless as of now.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Re: \"No automation could be written....

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I'm not in front of my c24 right now, but i think there's a test buttons facility from the utility menu, pay attention to all the buttons around the automation area and the automation buttons on all the tracks. give all buttons a wiggle to help if any are stuck or a little dirty.

A re-install of the PT software is another thing to try. use the cd installer to use "safe uninstall" option and then re install PT again. use whatever CD installer you have 6.4 6.7 etc and try the c24 after each version install 6.5 6.7 etc. at the same time trash all the Digi prefs from your preferences folder in your home user folder, library/preferences.

No luck!? then call Digi tech support and they'll have suggestion as to what to try and haw to diagnose the cause! worst sinario is a trip to a qualified service centre.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:19 AM

Thanks Chris.
I will try the things suggested.
One thing is for sure. I won't be bored for the next couple of hours.......
Old 12-19-2005, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I'm not in front of my c24 right now, but i think there's a test buttons facility from the utility menu, pay attention to all the buttons around the automation area and the automation buttons on all the tracks. give all buttons a wiggle to help if any are stuck or a little dirty.

A re-install of the PT software is another thing to try. use the cd installer to use "safe uninstall" option and then re install PT again. use whatever CD installer you have 6.4 6.7 etc and try the c24 after each version install 6.5 6.7 etc. at the same time trash all the Digi prefs from your preferences folder in your home user folder, library/preferences.

No luck!? then call Digi tech support and they'll have suggestion as to what to try and haw to diagnose the cause! worst sinario is a trip to a qualified service centre.

Chris
All good stuff... after you try all of that, but before you call Digi (if you are out of warranty), here's another one..

Check your ethernet connection to make certain it's not "noisy" and sending bad data. Not sure about your setup, but swapping a cable or bypassing any switches/hubs with a known good cable may help nail this down, if none of the previous items help.

Of course, if you have warranty or maintenance coverage, call them straight away and work directly with them to suss it out. Digi Support is excellent.

Brad McIlvaine
Sr. Mixer/Designer
Henninger Media Services
Washington, DC 20036
Washington, DC 20036
Old 12-19-2005, 07:43 AM

Periodic errors annoys the hell out of me.

The rig has been shut down for 2 days and now everything works like a charm. I have tried all day to make the error appear again without result. I really hope it doesn't come back.
If it starts to trip again I will try some of the many suggestions.

Thanks again for helping me out.