Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-22-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Audio seems to have slowed down?

This is my first post here, I am grateful for all the answers i've already found here to get me up and running! my problem is this: I recorded a session the other night...4 mono guitar tracks, 1 mono vocal, and 1 aux w/ reason. Everything went fine but today when I opened the session to continue work i was listening to what was already recorded and EVERYTHING had "slowed down"!! Is there some way before I closed out last time I could have accidentally stretched out the audio or changed the tempo of the whole song? Even the midi track is slower. Besides doing pitch correction on every track, is there any way I can undo this? Last night when I opened the song to play for a friend that is all I did, maybe I did some funky thing with my mouse or something....the only thing different I noticed opening it up today was that there was a highlighted region of unrecorded space leading up to track 1 and overlapping just a bit onto the silence right before the audio began. Hope this makes sense and I appreciate any and all responses! Thanks

Shawn
Old 08-22-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Audio seems to have slowed down?

where you using an external clock source when you tracked the initial session? if so, you will require rail jon rogut's header investigator.

if not, check that the session sample rate is correct. (i.e. that the clock is not set to 44.1 whilst the session is actually at 48)
Old 08-22-2005, 07:29 PM

this may sound stupid but how do I check that? i did not use an external sync....thanks
Old 08-22-2005, 07:38 PM

sorry, i unpluged the s/pdif cable and all seems to be okay.....for now
Old 08-22-2005, 07:40 PM

Quote:
sorry, i unpluged the s/pdif cable and all seems to be okay.....for now
Which indicates your session probably doesn't match the clock source sample rate.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-22-2005, 09:05 PM

That fixed the one I tracked the other night, but now the tracks I brought in from a friends 8 track BOSS board via the M box digital input are speeding up! this must be what you meant about using an external clock source, the bos has it's own of course. Where can I find the header finder you mentioned and how can I prevent this from happening if I have to record audio through the s/pdif again?......i just went to his website(thanks jon), this should take care of me then? Anything else I should know? Thanks guys.

Shawn
Old 08-22-2005, 09:37 PM

make sure from now on you have matching sample rates with external gear and PT sessions