Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2012, 12:55 AM

Default Wav export only mono

Hi,

I use PRO TOOLS SE on in my windows 7 environment for recording myself (voice+guitar). I therefore created 2 STEREO tracks, one for voice and one for guitar.

Once the recording is done, I export the file in WAV (only option available) and this create a WAV file.

The problem is that when I listen the WAV file through the MIX table (Fast track 400) which is USB plugged to my PC, through itunes or any other soft, I hear sound in both hears (like STEREO) , but when I remove the mix table and listen the file trough the PC speakers, headphones, or upload the file in my smartphone, I hear all the sound only on one side (seomthing like MONO).

Is PRO TOOLS SE allowing to really create a stereo file that can be heard stereo on any device or is it only when u listen the file through the mix table that it is stereo???

Please someone help.

Thanks and regards.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Wav export only mono

When you record guitar or voice.. eventhough you chose stereo channel it still records as mono.

So try this. After you did your recordings in SE, duplicate both guitar and voice channels- Now you have 4 channels. 2 guitars and 2 voice channels.

Pan the one guitar channel to the left and the other guitar channel to the right.

On top of every channel you will see. ( <100 - 100> )
So make one guitar channel ( <100 - 100< )
and the other duplicated one ( >100 - 100> )

Do the same on the 2 voice channel and tada... you got stereo on both
Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 PM

Thumbs up Re: Wav export only mono

Thx Dude!