Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2018, 09:40 PM

Default Configuring Inputs/Ouputs...

Hello everyone, I am very new to Pro Tools First in Windows. I have been able to configure my playback device with my audio interface (Scarlett 2i2) and set up my mic for one of the inputs. Although I am finally able to properly get my input devices to work, I would like to have my output to come out of my laptop speakers rather than my audio interface.

I want this because I don't have Headphones yet, and it would come in handy for personal reasons. My alternate solution is to record with the playback device set to my audio interface then change the playback device to my speakers in order to play it. Although, this is SUPER TEDIOUS AND SLOW. So, if you have any suggestion of how I can fix this, I would really appreciate it.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Configuring Inputs/Ouputs...

First welcome to DUC, but please follow the rules of this forum (up top of each web page) and don't post multiple posts for the same thing, it just wastes other users time.

Your interface is the 2i2 not the computer audio/speakers. There is no way to reliably aggregate across the audio interfaces to do what you want. You need to work out how to get a decent pair of powered monitors connected to the interface or make do with headphones until you can... you probably want to be cross checking with headphones anyhow. You are likely just wasting time mixing on laptop speakers. A ~$100 pair of headphones or in-ear monitors (one recommendation: Etymotic Research HF5) can deliver great value. You also may need in-ear monitors or (closed back) headphones for tracking lots of different music.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-01-2018 at 10:34 PM.