Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 12-04-2011, 12:02 PM

Default "...Pro Tools cannot set sample rate to specified value"?

i'm trying to get pro tools to create a session at 192kHz but it keeps giving me this message. The sample rate is set in the fireface settings correctly, however pro tools seems to change it back to 44.1kHz as soon as it gives me this message.

I have also been experiencing random distortion interference that is only solved by closing and reopening pro tools

i have tried updating my drivers for everything, still cant get up a 192kHz session going. I can get a 96kHz session however.

its not my interface as is works fine with other daws.

any help would be much appreciated
cheers
Old 12-09-2011, 06:59 AM

Default Re: "...Pro Tools cannot set sample rate to specified value"?

bump! anyone?

im running 2010 macbook pro
8 gig of ram
128gig ssd
using my old hdd as an external scratch drive
i have a fireface 800 connected by a firewire 800 cable

the distortion that appears on all channels is more annoying than not being able to record at 192khz. it mostly happens when i have been recording for about an hour or so. the signal seems like its being overloaded, which is impossible for me to do as i am not even touching it. like i said earlier, i have to save and restart pro tools to get rid of it. i have bought pt10 to use, not to have problems with

seriously, any help will be appreciated. i dont want to go back to logic yet, i want my moneys worth with pro tools, i need to be using it to pass my 101, 110 and 201s.

cheers
alex
Old 12-10-2011, 01:47 PM

Default Re: "...Pro Tools cannot set sample rate to specified value"?

Heyya!
Is the hardware you're using with pro tools ALSO the hardware your system sound is coming out of? This happens to me when I have itunes @44.1K open when I launch a session at 48K in pro tools on the same hardware...

If so, change our system sound output to different hardware, OR set your system sample rate to the same rate as the desired pro tools session in Audio MIDI setup....

hope that helps :)