Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-22-2019, 08:36 AM

Default Video Card Problems AJA+Black Magic

Hello,

I had a working system on Friday but today I came it and the video output looks like digital green shash for 85% of the picture. I was using an AJA LHi card. In the top 15% you can see the video four times across the screen. It plays. I reinstalled the drivers, I reinstalled the firmware, updated the drivers from 14.2 to the latest, I replaced the card, I trashed all protools preferences and I reinstalled protools. I have taken a picture of the output which I can send to you.also tried a blackmagic 4k card and a black magic mini monitor. Both of these show the video as maybe a fifth size in the centre.

I am working with Mac OSX 10.10.5 with protools version 12.8.1, C24, HD I/O and sync HD. The weird thing is it was all working fine for the last three months...

Black Magic drivers install black magic express, which is a log and capture tool. I can open the video in that and it output as you would expect. It seems there is a miscommunication between protools and the AJA and Black Magic cards.

Would anyone know where to even start or has anyone seen anything similar before? Thank you in advance.

Rory
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2625.jpg (52.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-28-2019, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Video Card Problems AJA+Black Magic

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I managed a workaround for this by using an Avid little mojo DX but it still makes little sense how a perfectly working system can go so wrong.