Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2017, 08:08 AM

Default no input signal in pro tools 10 HD

Hi, a friend of mine has a problem with his Digi 192 and I try to help him. I am not an expert in HD Systems so I would be happy for a useful hint.
From one to the other day there are no input signals in pro tools (I don't know if he changed something). On the Hardware IO is an input signal - So it looks more like a software issue.

- I already checked the I/O configurations in Pro Tools (everything is set -
- correctly). When I open the core manager it says: not connected (hw in
use)
- and when I press the connect button nothing happens.
- PT does not show any Preamps in the mixer/Edit window either

Grateful for every tip!

PT 10.3.1 is running on OSX 10.7.5 with a C24
Old 08-08-2017, 01:22 AM

Default Re: no input signal in pro tools 10 HD

you just have to reset your I/O setup configuration to reflect the currently connected device :) Then try again, hope will help :)
Old 08-08-2017, 03:39 AM

Hey, thank you very much for your reply. I made the reset of the IOs (you mean the ones in pro tools?)on the pre is a signal but the 192 is still not connected. the problem is: when I use an other output/input in the audio midi setup of osx the 192 connects in the core manager, but then no output or input works (sounds come from the build in speakers of the mac pro). I don't know if there is a known standard configuration?
Old 08-08-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmusic View Post
Hey, thank you very much for your reply. I made the reset of the IOs (you mean the ones in pro tools?)on the pre is a signal but the 192 is still not connected. the problem is: when I use an other output/input in the audio midi setup of osx the 192 connects in the core manager, but then no output or input works (sounds come from the build in speakers of the mac pro). I don't know if there is a known standard configuration?
Wait, what?

You cannot use your 192 to playback your computer audio. As far as Protools, you don't need to use OSX's audio for anything related to Protools.

In Protools I/O settings is where you tell Protools how to route your I/O of your 192. I suggest you google how to setup Protools I/O and watch some videos.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 08-08-2017, 06:29 PM

Hi Barry, I already did anything possible in pro tools...no luck I know osx audio is seperate and the 192 can't play computer audio. That's why I am so confused . ... The system worked perfectly until someone changed something in the audio midi setup in osx. Depending what in or output in osx is marked the interface connects or not in my case (after reboting). But I will reset the PT ios tomorrow again. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2017, 11:14 AM

sounds like PT is using the built in mac i/o for sound. Change it to the HD engine in the OS X audio midi setup

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 08-09-2017, 04:33 PM

It works! the Audio preferences in OSX had to be deleted and the Pre used digital audio I in the PT IOs instead of analog. Thank you guys for your hints!