Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-23-2015, 06:07 PM

Default Need Help Bad

I have reformatted and reinstalled OSX 10.7 on my system drive and installed PTHD 10 at least 5 times today.

On each attempt I have installed Protools and Uninstalled, Deleted Preferences at least 5 times each time in between reformatting and reinstalling OSX 10.7.

I keep getting various errors, and when I think I've got it all working, they repeat themselves.

Error Examples:

Needs Stereo Mixer in plugin folder. I find it in the unused Plugin folders and move it back, no idea how it gets moved there.

I've run Digitest a bunch too, when it runs, all passes not problem. When I can't get it to launch, I get the same error when trying to launch Protools HD10.3.8, DAE error -1115 was encountered.

I've tried various versions of PTHD 10, all have issues. Protools is the only thing installed on my computer.

Every once in a while after I uninstall and reinstall, I can get Protools to launch, but not in TDM mode, only native. When I change it to TDM, it locks up, crashes and then I'm back to the DAE error -1115 was encountered.

I've removed all external drives, disconnected all I/O and re connected. I've tried with just a 192 I/O and then just a Lynx Aurora I/O, and then both. Same errors with all.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 01-23-2015, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Need Help Bad

Off the top of my head, have you tried new hard drives for both your system and your audio drive?

Have you ran and passed Digitest?

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz Hex, 32GB
EFI Flashed - 5 GT/s Modded 7950, Dual Apple 23"
OSX Sierra
Pro Tools HD 11.2.2
Waves IOS, IOX, STG2412
Extreme Server (x2)
Logic Pro X, DSP Quattro, Final Cut Pro X
Waves Mercury+SSL+AbbeyRoads
Trident S65 with embedded US-2400

Live:
2012 Mac Mini, Dual SSD, i7 2.4, 16GB
Win 10, OSX Sierra
LV1, MRSG
Hardware from above (same gear)
Dual Dell P2418HT Touch Screens
Waves Icon X (x2), M, with Screens
Custom enclosure
Old 01-23-2015, 08:28 PM

A new system drive is what i'm going to try next.

Yes Lots of digitest and all come back passed.

I just reformatted OS, installed OSX 10.7, and Protools 10.3.8

I can get it to boot to native, but not TDM.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 01-24-2015, 12:21 AM

I am now at a complete loss! I tried installing the OS to separate hard drive, then installed ProTools on that, I ran digitest after all that was done, everything was good there, I launched ProTools, I was able to get a session up. Then I close ProTools, then I tried to launch it again, and I got the same error all over again on the new hard drive.

DAE error -1115 was encountered!

Somebody please help me!

Old 01-24-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
Somebody please help me!
Barry,
I wish I had something for you to try. Been a while since I dealt with TDM cards.

Does PT run ok in "native" mode?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Barry,
I wish I had something for you to try. Been a while since I dealt with TDM cards.

Does PT run ok in "native" mode?
I can, but only on the first attempt after the new OS install, next time, I can't get it to launch, the error comes up before its recognizing my holding down N.

Everything unable to find on that one error, seems to always relate to FireWire drivers. And it seems like it mostly only happens with windows, and not Mack OS. The only time I've been able to find it it happens with Mack OS, had to do with the Omni, and needed to update the firmware.

Is it possible for all of the cards to pass did you test, and there still be a problem?

Started all of this to begin with, is my installing the 11 rack drivers on my HD system. Why that would have anything to do with any of this, I can't imagine.

I know I'm reaching for straws here, but could installing the 11 rack drivers, cause any damage to my computer? I know that's crazy, but I have to ask.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:19 AM

Try reseating the cards and vacuuming out the computer while it's open.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:11 AM

When I uninstall and reinstall and get it to start to launch again, it's locking up while trying to "Creating DAE Objects" stage.

This file is not being created:

com.digidesign.ProTools.plist

Another note, when looking to delete the Databases folder, its in HD\Library\Application Support\Avid Folder along with the other folders, those files including the Databases folder are not in:

HD\Library\Application Support\Digidesign

Old 01-24-2015, 10:14 AM

Have you been using the same installer file each time?

You often see those types of errors when you have a corrupted installer file.

If you haven't already done so, I would try using a different install file...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 01-24-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Have you been using the same installer file each time?

You often see those types of errors when you have a corrupted installer file.

If you haven't already done so, I would try using a different install file...
I have tried that as well, also re downloaded them from Avid. Keep any suggestions coming please!