Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 12-13-2012, 03:11 AM

Default This last year has been a total waist of time

Honestly in the last week I have had more down time than music recording.
For the first few months HDX was great but lately Iv had nothing but issues.
So much down time for one reason or another its almost pointless to try anything. I don't know what the problem is but it is causing havoc on my system. Everyday I turn my system on on happy about making music then its either tracks with no audio, plugs with no levels , mix,s that change spontaneously , audio going funky , And least of all the dam bus menu always opens . Iv just about had it , almost everything Iv done this last year has been a complete waist of effort. Not to mention almost every stock dynamic plug distorts at even the most modest setting , Faders going to off settings with a single click . After 4 ruff mix,s now becoming totally FUBAR in 1 week it wight be time to send all this [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] back to AVID and let them figure it out, THIS SUCKS , I CANT EVEN FINNISHISH A FXXKING SONG.

This is supposed to be professional equipment .
I it to work when I need it to work

While were at it where all there AAX plugs HDX supposedly has .
And the rest ported to DSP would be great to.

I guess Ill just sit here with my thumb up my ass until this [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] actually works
IS A REFUND POSSIBLE or a small compensation for a whole year of waisted time and a few thousand hours of completely pointless work with nothing to show for it. IM FXXKING PISSED
Old 12-13-2012, 03:53 AM

Default Re: This last year has been a total waist of time

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 AM

Hmm,

can't confirm this.

Timothy
Old 12-13-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P,B,S View Post
IS A REFUND POSSIBLE or a small compensation for a whole year of waisted time....:
If u get some money mate lemme know and get some for me too - although my PT9 cptk is working fine
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P,B,S View Post
Honestly in the last week I have had more down time than music recording.
For the first few months HDX was great but lately Iv had nothing but issues.
So much down time for one reason or another its almost pointless to try anything. I don't know what the problem is but it is causing havoc on my system. Everyday I turn my system on on happy about making music then its either tracks with no audio, plugs with no levels , mix,s that change spontaneously , audio going funky , And least of all the dam bus menu always opens . Iv just about had it , almost everything Iv done this last year has been a complete waist of effort. Not to mention almost every stock dynamic plug distorts at even the most modest setting , Faders going to off settings with a single click . After 4 ruff mix,s now becoming totally FUBAR in 1 week it wight be time to send all this [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] back to AVID and let them figure it out, THIS SUCKS , I CANT EVEN FINNISHISH A FXXKING SONG.

This is supposed to be professional equipment .
I it to work when I need it to work

While were at it where all there AAX plugs HDX supposedly has .
And the rest ported to DSP would be great to.

I guess Ill just sit here with my thumb up my ass until this [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] actually works
IS A REFUND POSSIBLE or a small compensation for a whole year of waisted time and a few thousand hours of completely pointless work with nothing to show for it. IM FXXKING PISSED
I feel your pain, but it's always a good idea to post more specific info about the issues you're having and your system specs. You'll get a lot more help that way.

Regarding the Avid plug distortion, I noticed that as well. Don't use a single one. PLUS they'll change or drop support for them anyway like the've done with a lot of their previous plugs.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:24 PM

I've had issues but not a wast of time. I've sold my efforts done on HDX and the sound-quality since moving from HD3/PT10-192 to HDX-Omni has been positively commented on by folks not knowing I've changed systems.

Yes there are some issues (Stopping-Errors n such) and many others have been fixed.

BTW many of your experiencing issues I have never had such as stock dynamic plug distorts, Faders going to off settings, tracks with no audio, plugs with no levels , mix,s that change spontaneously.....