Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 02-17-2018, 02:33 PM

Default M-Audio C400 problems

Houston or in this case Avid, we have some problems with the very last Windows update for the M-Audio C400.

Example: Just out of the blue, I am not able to change the sample rate whatsoever nor can I change the clock source. Also, in the Effects panel at the bottom the Feedback dial is locked and will not turn, basically its unusable.

About 4-5 times I actually had to uninstall the M-Audio C400 and reinstall the drivers. This last time, about a week ago I decided to go with the previous update version 1.1.6 and everything works fine.

I don't know if Avid purposely wrote some bad code in 1.1.7 to force people to "upgrade" their hardware but lately I have been seeing this happening from other companies like Apple with their iPhones and iPads. They got caught red handed after a couple of updates ago where the batter would die quickly and well some good folks did some homework and found that Apple purposely wrote some code to slow down their iPhones and iPads in order to force them to upgrade. In France this is strictly illegal and there are many lawsuits going on over there. They just don't sue for money but if a person/company is found guilty they can actually go to jail.

I am not saying Avid would do this but there is some funky stuff going on with the last 1.1.7 update. I went back to 1.1.6 and everything is fine.

Will there be an update to correct the flaws in 1.1.7? This is not a normal bug but something that was coded wrong.

If I am forced to "upgrade" my hardware you can believe that it will not be with another Avid hardware whatsoever...

*****EDIT*****

I am on Windows 10 and still having these little problems. Such as when I boot up my PC I actually have to disconnect and reconnect the C400 in order to get it to start working. Or if I wait after a certain amount of time it just quits playing, so I have to disconnect the USB then reconnect.

Never had any problems like this before and I've disabled everything that would cause any USB to shut down.

Doesn't make any sense Avid and I don't know what you did but man its gotten worse with Windows 10.

Last edited by roboman01; 02-18-2018 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:53 AM

Default Re: M-Audio C400 problems

Make sure that windows is not using the C400 as its "default playback device"(Sound>Properties). I recently allowed Windows 10 to update and it changed some of my sound device settings

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-20-2018, 01:32 PM

Default Re: M-Audio C400 problems

I have an onboard soundcard I don't even enable within the BIOS so only my C400 shows up. Its not windows that the issue, its actually something with the drivers as they haven't been updated in a couple of years and Mickeysoft did something to cause the drivers to do some funny stuff.