Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 10-19-2008, 09:31 AM

Default Newby - C24 cabling question

Hi all,

I have seen similar threads, but none answered my problem. So I am sorry if I post a repeated question.
Just bought a C24 for my HD2, 96 I/O environment. I also have a complete set of digisnakes. So all in all I should be complete.
In my first tries with C24 I still used connections from 96 I/O to my monitoring equipment. Now I wanted to use C24 monitoring section and I am too silly to find out which cables to connect where.
Can someone just tell me which output I have to connect from my 96 I/O to the main monitor inputs of C24? Is there anything that I have to consider in routing? My current settings are the default settings for routing Ch 1 - 8 on 96 I/O 1 - 8 and the same on the output side.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Bow
Old 10-19-2008, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Newby - C24 cabling question

I think it's "Pro Tool Sources"
Old 10-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowski View Post
Hi all,

I have seen similar threads, but none answered my problem. So I am sorry if I post a repeated question.
Just bought a C24 for my HD2, 96 I/O environment. I also have a complete set of digisnakes. So all in all I should be complete.
In my first tries with C24 I still used connections from 96 I/O to my monitoring equipment. Now I wanted to use C24 monitoring section and I am too silly to find out which cables to connect where.
Can someone just tell me which output I have to connect from my 96 I/O to the main monitor inputs of C24? Is there anything that I have to consider in routing? My current settings are the default settings for routing Ch 1 - 8 on 96 I/O 1 - 8 and the same on the output side.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Bow
Here is a novel suggestion
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...uide_41362.pdf
pages 23-25 SB
Old 10-22-2008, 07:23 AM

Digidesign should offer a ("You-Pick-em") db25 bundle. I had to return/exchange 6 of the twelve cables for my setup. I had more of a need for db25-db25 rather than db25 to TRS.
Set up for me included a Patchbay.
In hindsight I should have included a bay with euro-single rear connects instead of db25 rear end (Too many inside the db25 mods for proper system normalizing).

The only (slight) confusion in the manual was the labeling "pro tools in" for the monitor path.
(Monitor in or from pro tools 1-8 would have made more sense (to me)).

Anyway your 96 1-8 outputs go into this connection.
For me this also meant using two sets of snakes in order to have outputs 1 & 2 remain L/R in either stereo or SMPTE surround.
All works great.