Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2006, 04:25 PM

Default The removal of the \"special offer\" is absurd!

I've been eagerly waiting for the Music Production Toolkit. Now, with this bad news, I guess I'll keep waiting because I won't be held hostage by a greedy corporation that lies to its loyal customers. I have bought several different PT systems. I also bought not one, but two PT 7.0 upgrades because I have two computers and I wanted to be legit. Look where it got me! A client recently asked me to consult on outfitting an overdub/mix facility at his location. I will not be able to recommend Pro Tools as I was going to do originally. There's a lot more fish in the sea, Digi.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Re: The removal of the \"special offer\" is absurd!

TRY READING THESE POSTS FOR A CHANGE DIGICS
Powermac G5 dual 2.0
2GB DDR400 Ram
PTLE 7.1cs6
Old 03-16-2006, 04:32 PM

I used to be DIGI Gung-Ho a few years ago too but "not no mo", I couldn't be bothered to push their product anymore.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:47 PM

I couldn't agree more. You're absolutely right.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:43 PM

The Company should eat thier own Mistakes.
not us Consumer's.

the timing of the plus, was at Holiday Time.

it cost, lots of us, to have to remove someone from our Shopping list..

because it, was a supposedly, A Must Have Upgrade!!...

with all the bells and whistles..

we'll it silenced, most of the Bells, and i haven't walked into any facility, Whistling about the Semi-Wreck of a thing!.... yet..

i am one of the person's that was looking forward, to the 48 tracks,
for a some price that would, be the rebate,
for the non-totally-functioning Plus Update..

the only thing that would be Proper in this situation, would be to let each one of us user's, buy the part of the tool kit/s that best suit's our need's, without all the Crap!!

just separate, give us a fair price for each piece, that we want,, and that will help your financial worries, Digi-Design

as compared to alienating the whole Bunch of us, and making us a part, of your Mis-calculation's

we didn't mis-calculate sending you our money in before the 20th of December, for the so urgent Upgrade...
so we shouldn't be penialized....

i want My Gift, that you promised Mr.Digi

i could have bought my own gift, at holiday time, had you not forced my hand!!!!

i am not switching,,, just becoming very, very, very concerned!, about my future expenditures $$
especially, when it come's to believing your WORD DIGI!!

STAR NINE ENTERPRISES INC....
Old 03-17-2006, 01:40 AM

Holy Drama-Queen sports action here batman!

Quote:
timing of the plus, was at Holiday Time.
it cost, lots of us, to have to remove someone from our Shopping list..
Did you really have to spend that money on that upgrade.? It's not like the money went to a homeless shelter to save people on the street who were freezing to death. You bought new software for yourself.

Quote:
it, was a supposedly, A Must Have Upgrade!!...
with all the bells and whistles..
we'll it silenced, most of the Bells, and i haven't walked into any facility, Whistling about the Semi-Wreck of a thing!.... yet..
I've gone from sessions that I was holding my breath during the final bounces to a hot rodded system that that only shows 25% cpu usage on those same sessions. From 1 R-verb plug-in on a session to 5 or 6 IR verbs easily and without a sweat. That upgrade has completely changed my workfow and CPU is no longer an issue. I would have never believed that an LE system could have as much power as it does now with a dual processor machine.

Quote:
am one of the person's that was looking forward, to the 48 tracks,
for a some price that would, be the rebate,
for the non-totally-functioning Plus Update..
I am one of the person's that "still is" looking forward, to the 48 tracks, Instead of 3 sessions per song to compile drums, vocal takes, harmony takes, multi guitar takes I am getting it down to 2. (The lack of DSP power had allot to do with this)This will make life sooo much easier. There is way less submixing and bouncing stems to do know.

Quote:
the only thing that would be Proper in this situation, would be to let each one of us user's, buy the part of the tool kit/s that best suit's our need's, without all the Crap!!
just separate, give us a fair price for each piece, that we want,, and that will help your financial worries, Digi-Design
as compared to alienating the whole Bunch of us, and making us a part, of your Mis-calculation's
TL Space......... crap.....c'mon!
Multitrack beat detective.....Do you know how much time will be saved for people who want to edit multitrack drums? The Shan beat detectve method worked fine but took allot longer than this will.
Sound replacer..........do you know how much this plug-in use costs?

Quote:
we didn't mis-calculate sending you our money in before the 20th of December, for the so urgent Upgrade...
so we shouldn't be penialized....
i want My Gift, that you promised Mr.Digi
i could have bought my own gift, at holiday time, had you not forced my hand!!!!
i am not switching,,, just becoming very, very, very concerned!, about my future expenditures $$
especially, when it come's to believing your WORD DIGI!!
How are you being penalized? What is the list price for the plug-ins that you got on the original deal?

Most of all, what is the price for an entry level price TDM system? If you have a dual processor system and that new toolkit your not very far away from one. At a fraction of the price. Life with a Digi LE system now is not as dark as your as your trying to lead everyone on to believe. And your talking peanuts pricewise vrs a TDM system.

The updates have saved me a boatload of money and for now anyways untied my hands from feeling that I had to jump into a TDM system.

Old 03-17-2006, 02:59 AM

Well said dmm, I couldn't agree more. The 2 plug-ins on the special upgrade offer when PT7 came out were almost given away!

It's a shame this forum seems to be dominated by regular complaints about.... well, just about everything!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:50 PM

we'll

now now!

the point is that i do not give empty promises, to my Client's without compensation, or at least i don't do it without some accurate! Choice for them to decide upon, including all of the pertinent, possibilities!

as for my choice of when i would have been better able to handle, the financial part of my Transaction...

i would not have, even considered December/ due to my avaiable funds structure,, being disabled an all. as i am sure that i am not alone in the Thought, that there could have been a more appropriate time? to Suck- out someone's availabel LOOT!!!

lastly. i am very aware of the capabilities of my audio equipment..\

along with my B.A. + ect... in the Audio Engeering field.

i know exactly what i'm working with, (besides that i just, signed on the 48 track Petition, for the Support of my new friend's in the Pro-Tools forum World)

now read.

i allready have 48 track capability,
so i guess you'll tell me that i shouldn't still want more???

Power Mac G-5 dual 2ghz

Pro-tools Le 002 v. 6.8 osx 10.3.8 (i have never put version 7 on my Mac, due to the feed back about it's operational problems, my system is running Super with my present setup, and i haven't been that curious, about messing it up. When the people say. Now IT's Working Right!..then i will enstall v. 7)

kurzweil 2600xs
akai mpc2000xl
Ken Smith Bass 4jg
voiceworks
alesis Masterlink 9600
reason
live
xpand
and the rest of the included software, that comes with my LE System.

allready have enough track's, to acomplish most Audio Projects..
still that is not the point..

i also think that one day, i am going to learn the DV part of my Rig!,
there is a method to my MadNess!!

say what you mean, and mean what you say,, especially to your Client's ( incoming income)
or make it up to them..!! Digidesign

it will...====...more WEALTH for them and, the Bunch of us Pro-Tools CLIENT'S!!!

Did you really read the title of this Thread?

look again if not!

ta ta.. for now!

STAR NINE ENTERPRISES INC.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:25 PM

Star, can you go easy on the random punctuation and spacing? It's really hard to read your posts.