Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2015, 09:32 PM

Default Re: New iLok key says it's owned by another user

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBsessed View Post
...I bought a brand new Mbox Mini with Pro Tools Express like two years ago, and the iLok USB key it came with is registered to someone else...
Quote:
Well considering it wasn't the seller's fault and it was whoever makes/sells the iLok...
Quote:
I don't believe that's what happened, it was unopened when I got it. Someone told me it was probably online pirates claiming/stealing ID keys.
If it was a brand new unit then the iLok would not have been registered to another user/account. No one can 'claim' it if the iLok is sealed inside a box, that can only be done be plugging the iLok into a computer and adding it to an account, so it's very likely this was a return from another customer. Avid can't 'initialize' the iLok, so your options are... go back to the seller to get a replacement -or- start an RMA with iLok to see if they will/can erase or replace it (might be a fee for that). The other reason I suspect it is used is that you contacted us in June 2014 about this product saying the Activation Code was already used. We replaced the code and tried multiple times to follow up with you replied each time saying you hadn't gotten around to it and would let us know so eventually the case was closed.

If you can reply to the new support case email you received from Avid CS with the Serial Number from your iLok we might be able to see who registered it. (That might help your case with the seller.)

edit 12/9: Was able to track down the original owner who confirmed returning it to GC, updated your support case with relevant info.

Last edited by jeffro; 12-09-2015 at 11:44 AM. Reason: New info
Old 12-08-2015, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Ilok key says its owned by another user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm having the same problem, my brand new iLok is apparently owned by another user, according to the iLok License Manager. Can someone please share this private link with me, I'd really like to fix this as soon as possible.
Looks like this iLok was added to an account today, and seems to be related to your same company. I see you have a support case in progress, and that has been escalated so please watch for a case notice email.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:55 AM

I've purchased Avid Protools 12 monthly Subscription , activated my ilok and downloaded the ilok manager. When I go to activate my new protools, it says I don't own my ilok and that it's owner is someone else? I have the USB plugged in and I also signed in and activated my licence via the manager.

Pls help
Old 02-23-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinoy View Post
I've purchased Avid Protools 12 monthly Subscription , activated my ilok and downloaded the ilok manager. When I go to activate my new protools, it says I don't own my ilok and that it's owner is someone else? I have the USB plugged in and I also signed in and activated my licence via the manager.

Pls help
There's an iLok User ID matching the email you are using here in the community, so please check that iLok account.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:01 PM

Can you help me too?
Old 02-23-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNicio View Post
Can you help me too?
Welcome to the community.

I found an iLok account associated with your community email address (the User ID not your email). Is it possible that you created another iLok account using your email as the User ID and synchronized your iLok2 there?
Old 06-25-2016, 10:11 AM

I'm having the same problem as everyone else on the thread. My iLok says it's owned by another user, but I'm the only owner. Can you pm me as well?
Old 06-25-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgoose View Post
I'm having the same problem as everyone else on the thread. My iLok says it's owned by another user, but I'm the only owner.
Welcome to the community.

Was this a new iLok2? Is it possible you added it to another account? I found an iLok account using your community email but didn't find an Avid account using that same email. Will PM to get the serial #.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:53 AM

Checked the serial # and it is indeed registered to another account (added back in 2013). You'll need to contact the seller to follow up on this. Where was it purchased?
Old 06-27-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Checked the serial # and it is indeed registered to another account (added back in 2013). You'll need to contact the seller to follow up on this. Where was it purchased?
in Los Angeles. I was told the iLok was brand new.