Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2015, 11:11 PM

Default Re: cannot monitor input on any Audio tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow View Post
ok, thanks so much! Alt + K worked

now my question is....is there an indicator for this anywhere visually? that way i know in the future whether this is on or not?
The mode is show by what option is showing under the Track menu and by the green input monitoring status light in the transport window or transport controls at the top of the Mix window.

All this is Pro Tools standard, Pro Tools HD (and just about every other DAW) has more flexible per-track input monitoring.

And all this is explained in the Pro Tools User Guide... worth a read.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:58 AM

I didn't have this issue when I originally got Pro tools 10 (only have been using pro tools 10 before finally upgrading to its most current version).

prior to Pro tools 10 I was using Pro tools 6.4 for years which also didn't have this issue....so when using pro tools 10, it felt just as familiar and thus why I didn't spend time reading the manual.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
I didn't have this issue when I originally got Pro tools 10 (only have been using pro tools 10 before finally upgrading to its most current version).

prior to Pro tools 10 I was using Pro tools 6.4 for years which also didn't have this issue....so when using pro tools 10, it felt just as familiar and thus why I didn't spend time reading the manual.
These input monitoring modes have been around forever, certainly back to Pro Tools 6. Lots of people don't know about it and accidentally hit the keyboard shortcut and things stop working. DUC is full of similar problems. It's worth reading the manual now to understand what is going on.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
ok, thanks so much! Alt + K worked

now my question is....is there an indicator for this anywhere visually? that way i know in the future whether this is on or not?
Yes there is. Its a little green "led" to the right of the transport's RECORD button

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-12-2015, 05:12 PM

Yes there is a square green light that lights up next to the transport when this is enable.

Jeff