Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 02:14 AM

Default OOPS!

Me being the bonehead that I am made the mistake of transfer some ADAT tracks to PT, and I had the sample rate in PT set to 44.1, when the ADAT's are 48k. I can play the files at the correct speed using my DA7 as the master clock souce set to 48k, but whne I want to boune them down to 44.1 for C.D. of course the song plays to slow. The Digi guy gave me a solution of consolidating the files, then making a new session with the correct sample rate of 48k, then importing the files through the regions list. That did not work. Anyone know how to fix this, or some how rename files to 48k?
Old 11-07-2002, 01:11 PM

Default Re: OOPS!

Hi Bill,

Sounds like a bummer. I assume that the only way that the mismatch occured is with a digital lightpipe type of connection. If that is the case then unfortunately the only "fix" is to keep your DA7 resolved so the tracks play back correctly, and record the needed tracks back to another digital multitrack device, then re-track them into PT for manipulation and final mix.

I know you probably already thought of this as it is the elementary way to fix it.....but....if it's crunch time and all else fails. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hope you get thru this.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:55 PM

Default Re: OOPS!

Create a new PT session at 48. Import (don't convert) the files (may be able to import tracks also), ignore the "it wont play at the right speed" warning. You will now have them all in a 48k session playing at the right speed. You can bounce or "save session copy in"if you need 44.1.
SK