Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-10-2018, 05:16 PM

Default Editing BOTH User and Factory Presets?

I just bought this unit and have reading up alot on it and trying to get edgeecated real fast...BUT...It appears I can make edits in BOTH programs. I didn't think I was supposed to be able to do this. By the way, I should also reveal that I bought this Eleven Rack new from Sweetwater and they asked me if I wanted Sweetwaters presets in place of the factory ones. I believe they do this alot. When I power up...The users are at the far left of the scroll starting with A1. It wont advance anymore to left. That is opposite of what the manual says. Then I can rotate right all the way up tp Z4 and then it goes to a1 thru z4. It appears the factory sets now start at a1 thru z4 and going back to the beginning at A1, that's where Sweetwaters start.

I just did this test three times and it works every time. I call up a rig on either side, then change the EQ and push save twice and it stays there! I rotate off that rig and come back and it's still there. I power it off and back on and the edits are STILL there. Did Sweetwater remove the protection of the factory presets?
Old 01-10-2018, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Editing BOTH User and Factory Presets?

Lower case letters (a1 - z4) are FACTORY presets and cannot be removed. You can edit them and save them in your USER spaces.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio