Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2009, 07:13 PM

Default Punch-in recording?

I'm new to PTLE and I'm having some trouble understanding how punch-in recording works.

Is there a way to make a selection, and have PT play (pre-roll) and automatically punch-in at the selection? I've read the manual on punch-in and can not seem to figure this out.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Punch-in recording?

Yes

select the region you want to record, or just put the cursor at the drop in point if you want it to carry on recording until you hit stop

then assign the preroll you want (make sure preroll is turned on in the transport window or by clicking Command-K) then hit Command and Spacebar to go into record
the system will playback from the preroll point and drop in at the selected region (and out if the end point has been selected)

as an extra bonus, if Quickpunch is on, the system is actually recording from the point the transport starts playing until the point it stops.
so you can drag and adjust the ins and outs after the fact to make the drop in and out smooth or to pick which part you prefer if you were playing along.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Punch-in recording?

Ok, great. Enabling pre-roll was where I went wrong... the quickpunch thing is just awesome!

Coming from DP6, everything has been so easy to figure out and generally seems much better thought out. It certainly helps that the forum here is much more professional.

Thank you for your time and help!