Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 08-31-2011, 01:09 AM

Question First install of Pro Tools 9 - Logic 9 already installed - PlugIn install questions

Dear fellows,

today this is my second thread.

I am planning to do my first install of Pro Tools 9 today. Never installed Pro Tools before. I am on v10.6.8, because I do not want any trouble with v10.7, and I will wait to use it, till all Plugs I have are fully supported with v10.7.
Logic 9 is installed already, with a lot of AU's I installed additionally.

At the time of the Logic install, I was not aware that I will use Pro Tools soon. So I installed only the AU versions of my Plugs. Mostly all of them are available as RTAS, too, so what to do now?

1. Uninstall all Plugs I installed as AU only, and install all of them new as AU and RTAS?
2. Or is it only necessary to install the Plugs with RTAS over the existing AU ones?
3. Or do I have to install them all new without uninstall the old AU ones?

Perhaps you could tell me in what order I have to do it, too?

At first the Plugs, and after that Pro Tools, or at first Pro Tools, and after that the Plugs with one of the above mentioned 3 possibilities?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

b-pole

DAW 1: iMac 27" 2.93GHz i7 Quad - DAW 2: MacBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz i5 Dual
Logic Pro 9 - Reason 6 - Pro Tools 9
Old 08-31-2011, 06:50 AM

Default Re: First install of Pro Tools 9 - Logic 9 already installed - PlugIn install questio

You don't have to uninstall the AU versions. Just download and install the RTAS versions. It doesn't matter if you do it before or after you install Protools.

Keep in mind that some companies plugins install all versions at once. Waves and Native Instruments are two that come to mind. So depending on what you have, the RTAS versions may already have been installed.

Others, like Autotune and Overloud, have separate installers for AU, RTAS, and VST. So in those cases, just install the RTAS, since you already have the AU's installed.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:23 AM

Default Re: First install of Pro Tools 9 - Logic 9 already installed - PlugIn install questio

Quote:
You don't have to uninstall the AU versions. Just download and install the RTAS versions. It doesn't matter if you do it before or after you install Protools.

Keep in mind that some companies plugins install all versions at once. Waves and Native Instruments are two that come to mind. So depending on what you have, the RTAS versions may already have been installed.

Others, like Autotune and Overloud, have separate installers for AU, RTAS, and VST. So in those cases, just install the RTAS, since you already have the AU's installed.
@nst7

This was a clear and precise answer. Thank you very very much for this.

Greetings

b-pole

DAW 1: iMac 27" 2.93GHz i7 Quad - DAW 2: MacBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz i5 Dual
Logic Pro 9 - Reason 6 - Pro Tools 9