Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 09-15-2020, 10:56 AM

Default iLok License Manager doesn't see my licence

Hi, thanks for accept me here.

Here my issue. I recently bought a new setup for mixing and replace my old mac mini and buy a new permanent license for my protools, as you can see in my signature.

Unfortunately and for some reason, after add correctly my Protools Registration Code to my Avid account, and dowload correctlyPro Tools 2020.9.1 Installer Mac (DMG) and install it, when i launch Protools, i try to activate it by login with my Ilok account credentials, it says :

"You don't have any license in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available. If you have an Ilok USB device with a license activated on it, please plug it in now.

You do not have any pending deliveries for the license(s) you need to authorize the software

Click here if you need to purchase a license for Pro Tools Perpetual"

And i can just quit. And i double check on my Avid Account, i do have correctly a permanent product license Protools in My Products.

So, after few research here and else, i find that the issue may be cause by Ilok License Manager itself so i just delete and redownload ILM a few time just to be sure, it doesn't work. I try to open the Cloud on ILM but it doesn't work either, my ILM simply doesn't see my license Pro tools permanent. And just so you know, i correctly check that my email is the same for my avid account and my ILM account. ILM otherwise do see correctly my other license (Izotope Post Production Suite, etc...)

Can you help me ?
Mémoire 16 Go 2667 MHz DDR4
UAD Apollo Twin
2 Focal Shape 55
Old 09-15-2020, 11:17 AM

Default Ilok License Manager doesn't see my licence.

There are two typical reasons why this happens.

1) The user managed to create two iLok accounts and the license was deposited in one and they’re logging into the other. Or,

2) Avid requires the ILok account name, not the email address, to deposit your license in your account. If you entered your email address in the iLok account name field in your Avid account, your license is currently floating around in the ether.

If your problem is #1, logging into the correct account will solve it. If your problem is #2, then only Avid can fix it. Create a registration support case via the support center in your Avid account and they’ll get it sorted out.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 09-15-2020, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Ilok License Manager doesn't see my licence.

I'm having the same issue today with HDX rig. All of a sudden I'm being prompted to activate and says I have no license.

I'm paid up. Ilok manager is working and Internet service as well.

Can't work.

Carl
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:55 PM

I had that issue, stemming from a combination of two separate causes:

1. The clock on my PC was set an hour into the future (caused by summertime settings).
2. The TLC/ZDT renewal time stamp was set correctly on my iLok account, as a result of the PT start/discard procedure.

This yielded a situation wherein my PT licence was not available until one hour later, an hour into the future. So check PC clock settings and registered renewal time stamp of TLC/ZDT.

Se if that helps...

/FZZ
Old 09-15-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
I'm having the same issue today with HDX rig. All of a sudden I'm being prompted to activate and says I have no license.

I'm paid up. Ilok manager is working and Internet service as well.

Can't work.

Carl
I think I have a bad ilok. I moved the license to my cloud and am up and running.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
There are two typical reasons why this happens.

1) The user managed to create two iLok accounts and the license was deposited in one and they’re logging into the other. Or,

2) Avid requires the ILok account name, not the email address, to deposit your license in your account. If you entered your email address in the iLok account name field in your Avid account, your license is currently floating around in the ether.

If your problem is #1, logging into the correct account will solve it. If your problem is #2, then only Avid can fix it. Create a registration support case via the support center in your Avid account and they’ll get it sorted out.
Hi,

Yeah i already create a registration support case but they took a certain time to respond so i come here. (btw they answer one hour ago and say my license is still on status "deposited" which help me to clarify the situation, and tell me the obvious stuff "how to activate my license, which doesn't help me at all).

Indeed, in my Avid account i put my email address and not my name account for the ILok ID, so i rectify that (apparently i can do that myself) but it still doesn't work. Maybe i need to wait a bit for Avid to synchronize or something ?

Thanks for your answers anyway, it helps a bit.
UAD Apollo Twin
2 Focal Shape 55
Old 09-16-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautier View Post
Indeed, in my Avid account i put my email address and not my name account for the ILok ID, so i rectify that (apparently i can do that myself) but it still doesn't work. Maybe i need to wait a bit for Avid to synchronize or something ?
It still doesn't work because your license was already deposited to a non-existent ilok account. You have to make clear to Avid support that you had mistakenly put your email where the iLok ID was supposed to be. They will have to retrieve your license and put it in the right account.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 09-16-2020, 02:56 PM

Ah, that's what you mean by "my license floating around in the ether" ! Okay, i guess i have just to wait now.

Thank you for the answer !
UAD Apollo Twin
2 Focal Shape 55
Old 09-16-2020, 03:15 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post
It still doesn't work because your license was already deposited to a non-existent ilok account. You have to make clear to Avid support that you had mistakenly put your email where the iLok ID was supposed to be. They will have to retrieve your license and put it in the right account.
Thanks for looking in to this, James!

Hi Gautier,

Upon checking your license is still deposited and have not yet been activated. You might be using an incorrect iLok ID hence you're not seeing your licenses. Please use your EMAIL ADDRESS registered with Avid as your iLok ID to SIGN IN on your iLok Account using the iLok License Manager then let us know if you're still unable to see your licenses.

(Your Email address seems to be the one registered as your iLok ID during the process and not any other iLok IDs)

Thank you,
-Tope
Old 09-17-2020, 07:04 AM

Not to hijack this thread, but there is something I noticed when helping a friend out with her Pro Tools license. If one puts their email address instead of their iLok ID into the iLok ID field when registering a Pro Tools license on Avid's site, then Avid or Pace creates an iLok account with that email address as the ID. (At least that's what seemed to happen to this particular friend)

I can see how this might be helpful for somebody that hasn't setup an iLok account yet, but for someone that already has an iLok account with their iLok already registered to that existing account, having a second iLok account is very unhelpful and then requires either contacting Avid to have them move the license to the correct account, or deactivating their iLok from the old account and registering to the new account, which is a problem if that user already has plugins or other licenses in the old account.

It seems like it would be less work for Avid to send an email saying "The iLok ID you have entered doesn't exist. Would you like us to create an account with that ID?" than to have to constantly field support requests to move the licenses between accounts.