Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-14-2016, 02:16 PM

Default No renewal option...!

I like many other received the "Oops we dropped the ball" email informing me that they forget to tell me my annual upgrade plan was expiring. The email says I have until May 31 to re-up for $99.
Problem is the hot-link in the email (which for any other company on the planet would take me directly into my account and preselect the upgrade for me) only takes me to 'my account'. My account has no $99 option, only a $299 option.
What is going on here? How can this be so badly bungled?
I have two weeks to figure this out I guess, but the website is so terrible for the life of me I can't find anything other than the $299 option.
My Products list has my 2015 support plan listed, but no option to upgrade.
Help...?
Old 05-14-2016, 02:32 PM

Default Re: No renewal option...!

I got this email below - only problem is my last renewal was in August, so I should not have expired. Plus I don't have the $99 option anywhere to even renew if I wanted.
My account clearly says it expired as of March, so I got seven months out of my 12.

Quote:
Pro Tools User:

You may have been caught off guard when you noticed that your Annual Upgrade Plan for Pro Tools® had recently expired. Or maybe you’re just finding out now. Regardless, we should have sent you an email notification reminding you to renew your plan weeks before it expired. But we forgot to unmute our reminder system and sincerely apologize for the lack of communication.

Because of this, we are extending your renewal grace period to the 31st of May*. Simply log in to your Avid Account or contact your reseller to renew your plan now at the low $99 (USD)/year price (renewals made after this date will be subject to $299 (USD) reinstatement plan pricing). Plus get more than $100 (USD) worth of Pro Tools tutorials from pureMix.net—free!

Our apologies again—thank you for your continued support.

Kindest regards,

The Avid team

* Please note that you must activate your renewal plan purchase by end of day on May 31, 2016 to qualify for the $99/year price.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:30 AM

I'm having the exact same problem. And if I try to use the web link to ask for help about my account it asks for my support number. I can't even get free help when I'm trying to figure out how to give them money?
Old 05-17-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenon7 View Post
...The email says I have until May 31 to re-up for $99...My account has no $99 option, only a $299 option...My Products list has my 2015 support plan listed, but no option to upgrade.
Couldn't find an account using your community email address, but a similar one (with a different domain) shows Renewal options for Upgrade Plan and Plug-Ins & Support Plan at the lower price (adjusted for CAD). If this is not your account please start a support case with all of your info via my.avid.com > Access The Support Center > Equipment > Create A Case
Thanks!
Old 05-17-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I'm having the exact same problem.
I see a Renewal option in your Upgrade from PTHD 9 product when I searched by your community email address. Are you not referring to that?
Quote:
And if I try to use the web link to ask for help about my account it asks for my support number. I can't even get free help when I'm trying to figure out how to give them money?
Your System ID is listed with your Upgrade from PTHD 9 product, so you can start a support case using that via my.avid.com > Access The Support Center > Cases > Create New Case ...or in > Equipment > Create A Case (this enters the System ID for you).
Old 05-17-2016, 07:20 PM

Also having same problem. Received email offering $99 usd renewal until May 30.
When I've logged in to my account it only shows $299, no option for $99.
Is there a hidden link, or have i overlooked something?
Old 05-17-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by express2 View Post
...When I've logged in to my account it only shows $299, no option for $99.
Is there a hidden link, or have i overlooked something?
Where exactly are you looking that shows $299? I see a "Renew Support" link in your PT12 product at my.avid.com/products (same as the others in this thread) which provides options for the Upgrade Plan and/or Plug-Ins and Support Plan at the original price (in CAD since you are in Canada). Please let us know if you're not seeing this.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:13 AM

Thank you!- somehow overlooked it.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
I see a Renewal option in your Upgrade from PTHD 9 product when I searched by your community email address. Are you not referring to that?

Your System ID is listed with your Upgrade from PTHD 9 product, so you can start a support case using that via my.avid.com > Access The Support Center > Cases > Create New Case ...or in > Equipment > Create A Case (this enters the System ID for you).

Thanks very much - I have more than one HD license along with a regular PT license and somehow looked everywhere else but not at the right one.