Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-05-2002, 12:06 AM

Default Converting a PC LE session into 5.1 Mac TDM?

Hey all,

Little help needed. I have a client who has a Digi 001 system at home and has recorded songs.. and wants to do vocals here at my studio. I have a Mix Plus system running on Mac OS. (TDM)

First off, the session file doesn't show up as a session file at all. So, I opened Pro Tools first, and managed to convert it so it would at least open. It opens the file, and the session appears.. .but all of the audio is cleared out.
In other word, the tracks are there... but there are only shells of the actual audio. (blank with no sound) You can see where the audio files are... but the actual waveforms are not there.

One issue might be, he saved the files as all WAV. files.
Shouldn't be a big deal, as 5.1 reads WAVs, right?
Well, it's not working out that way. I tried opening a new session and importing the audio and it does work.. but it's not lined up where it needs to be, even if I use the original time stamps, etc. (as some of the stuff has been moved)

I'm sure there's a simple way to do this, and my guess is that it's in the actual saving process on his end. (PC/Digi) The manual was less than helpful with this scenario... so, if anyone has any answers, I'd greatly appreciate it.... as would my client. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance, gang!

Popps
Old 05-05-2002, 01:11 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Converting a PC LE session into 5.1 Mac TDM?

If you are able to resave the session on the LE Win system, they need to have Pro Tools LE 5.1 or higher and choose "Enforce Mac/PC compatibility. See this item in the 001 Win FAQs:
http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=6172

Also, if they do prepare files in LE for use on TDM systems, they should be aware of this Pro Tools 5.1 FAQ:
http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=5831

If you end up having to use the import tracks function in Pro Tools, first do a get info on the audio files to see if they are the approximate size that they should be. If they are, and you just can't see them properly, try downloading the free Joliet File Access extension linked in our Downloads/Utilities section and see if that helps the mac recognize the files with their proper file names.