Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2019, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Fair play though, that's a pretty serious bug nobody wants to have in the wild.

Thanks protools expert for getting in there!

I'm confused about the "rules" regarding disclosure for listed companies though, this is exactly the sort of commentary we should have or should be made on the DUC and I don't think anyone would mind on delays as much if we were kept informed to this level. So is Avid in trouble for the early preview? I was under the impression that was the reason we couldn't be given any info...
Old 04-05-2019, 05:46 AM

Mojave was released to the public in September 2018. Developer and public beta started in June 2018. So May 2019, huh? Wow.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-05-2019, 06:03 AM

Default Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimmons View Post
Fair play though, that's a pretty serious bug nobody wants to have in the wild.

Thanks protools expert for getting in there!

I'm confused about the "rules" regarding disclosure for listed companies though, this is exactly the sort of commentary we should have or should be made on the DUC and I don't think anyone would mind on delays as much if we were kept informed to this level. So is Avid in trouble for the early preview? I was under the impression that was the reason we couldn't be given any info...

That nonsense about publicly traded companies having to release within the quarter they announce a product is such a crock.

Are AVID gonna get fined for this? Nope.

Is Apple going to get fined for not releasing Air Power after having announced it over a year ago? Nope.

I don’t know how this became gospel. I see publicly traded companies doing this all the time.

On another note, 5 months between release is pretty dismal. I REALLY hope they eradicate these errors. I just created a new boot drive with Mac OS High Sierra and Pro Tools 2018.12. Literally nothing else. Disabled everythjng and removed every plugin including every stock plug in. Guess what... still got errors playing back one track. Just random errors.

I can tolerate this crap when working on a project where I’m just editing etc. But if I’m recording a long form VO session, it’s embarrassing for this to happen. Even worse, I use Pro Tools as my playback deck for cutting vinyl records. Guess what happens when that error pops up mid cut? Trashed a blank and wasted time. Not a cheap process. I have so little faith that I’m now looking for an alternate method for playback when cutting on my lathe.

Sorry... was venting time. Hehehe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
But if your PT rig is still unstable after it’s all said and done, you can cancel your support plan and hang out on a more stable past version happily knowing you aren’t spending money on junk.
This speaks to one of the things that really gets under my skin! Before the days of subsciptions and forced support plans this is exactly the way most customers behaved. (myself included) People would upgrade when a new feature was introduced that enticed them to do so.

Then the Avid Cash Grab came along and you are "forced" to keep up a support plan or else pay a penalty when or if you want to upgrade without it. This is the source of frustration for many. If Avid is going to "Force" support/upgrade plans then they are going to have to be accountable to that cash outlay.

I have an HD and Vanilla license both but because of the cost of the support plan I have let my HD plan lapse. If they eventually make a significant upgrade that entices me to get back on the plan it'll be nearly the same price to buy a new license as it will be to upgrade!
16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Patriot - Spark 256GB SSD System Drive
Patriot - Ignite 480GB SSD Work Drive
Hisense 43" 4K Display
Presonus Quantum
OS - Windows 10 Pro

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, Just pee on it and walk away.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:18 AM

So, my tip with 2019.5 was correct...

Its really sad, that Avid make big anouncements and cannot deliver them...
But we can now be happy, that we get the possibility to buy additional voice packs for our beloved 2499$ + 400$ every year software... Nice...
Old 04-05-2019, 06:31 AM

What is about MPE????????
Old 04-05-2019, 06:53 AM

Very well staged interview to calm down the clients who get nothing substantial for their money, since July 2018!

If they think that Falcon and this Accusonus plug, that gave last month, is enough
to keep someone happy for his spent money, they are delusional.

If they release the 2019.X in May, that will be 10 months since the previous release, that had new features...

What a joke...They said, the subscription model is a way to deliver faster new features! If the definition of fast is the 10 month time frame between each release then 1)they lied or 2)they wanted a good excuse to sugarcoat that subscription model, which as it seems stands true. They are in demise and it is so obvious now, more than ever...

How about a remedy for that fiasco?
Extend all the users annual plan for, lets say 6 month period to make things right..... or provide the features people asking, like ARA support, marker enhancements, folder tracks etc... (yeah right) LOL!!!

Cheers!
Old 04-05-2019, 07:31 AM

why 6 months... Really generous would be, if Avid extend all plans for one year as a excuse for the difficulties, we all have with the actual version of PTU... Time for me to get nostalgic... Maybe the best thing is to grab my old tdm system from the basement and work with the stable pthd10...
Old 04-05-2019, 08:32 AM

Word.

Phone +46707773443
Old 04-05-2019, 08:53 AM

I'm very stable high Sierra and 2018.7. Hdx. I will update to 2019 for the new playback engine on a new partition. But keep my current system clone just in case. I don't really trust avid lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk