How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 08-23-2017, 02:26 PM

Default Re: iLok freaking out today: Authorization Exception

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAT View Post
Great attitude from someone representing the company/community ?

The better question would be, why would iLok place a timebomb on a piece of code on an iteration of their driver/licence manager that has been working perfectly which has crippled systems without warning and requiring clients to go searching for the cause , instead of giving them prior heads up.

Why hasn't AVID send a notice out to all registered users warning of the possibility of the time bomb.

I have been contacted by multiple clients this week who have been hit by this licensing issue , none were forewarned or had any idea of the cause, and I am expecting more today.
You're barking up the wrong tree my friend. You really should pitch your bitch against Pace/iLok and not Avid. Avid has to protect their assets and they've chosen iLok to do so.

Besides Drew represents no one but himself; he's only a moderator and has no corporate ties to Avid other than he's a PT users like the rest of us. You can be a moderator and not be on Avid's payroll.

As I keep saying this is not Avid's fault alone but also Pace/iLok as well. As Trump would say 'there's blame on all sides' on this one.

QAPLA!
Old 08-23-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You're barking up the wrong tree my friend. You really should pitch your bitch against Pace/iLok and not Avid. Avid has to protect their assets and they've chosen iLok to do so..
And you need to take a breath and read and comprehend what is written !

A moderator on a company forum whether you like it or not represents the said company !

I made my point against iLok, you seem to have missed that in your knee jerk rush to attack me for daring to voice a concern.

My only point re AVID was they should have sent out a memo.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAT View Post
And you need to take a breath and read and comprehend what is written !

A moderator on a company forum whether you like it or not represents the said company !

I made my point against iLok, you seem to have missed that in your knee jerk rush to attack me for daring to voice a concern.

My only point re AVID was they should have sent out a memo.
I read and completely understood what you wrote and stand by what I wrote. None of the mods here represent the company - they're only here to ride herd on the masses - that's all. And when necessary they can escalate things up the ladder but that's all. What they write does not necessarily reflect Avid company policy or procedure. They have no more stroke with Avid than you or I.

QAPLA!
Old 08-26-2017, 04:40 AM

Hi,

Having issues with my Pro Tools 11 windows installation. I got the LE to 10/11 crossgrade a while back and have been using PT 10 but am trying to co-install 11 and am getting the ilok authorisation "latest license service installer" error. I have downloaded and installed the 11.3.1 installer from Avid and have the Pro Tools 10 and 11 bundle activated on my ilok 2. I have the latest version of iLok manager on a different computer and have tried syncing, deactivating and activating my ilok license, nothing so far. PT 10 is fine but 11 is not working.

Any ideas? Is the issue still ongoing? Would installing the first release of PT 11 instead make any difference?

Thanks
Old 08-26-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by username_1 View Post

I have the latest version of iLok manager on a different computer and have tried syncing, deactivating and activating my ilok license, nothing so far. PT 10 is fine but 11 is not working.
Have you installed the latest ILM software on the computer on which you are trying to run Pro Tools 11?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 08-26-2017, 06:56 AM

ooo cheers Tom, just realised I was using an older version of the iLok manager on my PT system that was included with the Pro Tools 11 installer, which obviously was causing the problem!

Transferred over the new version of the iLok manager to my PT system and now it's working great!
Old 08-26-2017, 02:59 PM

Glad you're back up.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com