Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Avid Cloud Collaboration

Old 03-28-2016, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Cloud Collaboration cost

Quote:
Speaking of archive, that would be a wonderful new feature to add to Pro Tools!
+1
Old 03-28-2016, 04:10 PM

@ Tom Graham

Hey Tom,

I haven't seen any info on this, so apologies if it's been covered elsewhere...

Regarding the Artist Chat Window, and how we approach other artists / are approached ourselves when soliciting for collaboration :

For those of us that like to keep our DAW offline the majority of the time, is it possible to have messages pushed to other services, like email / SMS etc?

It would be great to know that we're not missing any vital communication, simply because we don't want our DAW online.

Naturally it will be necessary to connect the DAW during upload / download when using Cloud Collaboration features, but it would be a pain to have to remain on line, in order to be sure we're not missing a reply from a prospective collaborator, or a potential offer that is dependant on a timely response.

Cheers!
Old 03-29-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanos4 View Post
500mb of "free" storage aren't enough IMHO....
should be at least 1g....or 2 even better...
there is a huge "gap" between 500mb "free" and 20g for first option
Maybe if they put a between of these two inside of plugins plan and support...
Meaning.....that when you buy plugins and support plan,you will also have a decent amount of storage for one year for example ...(then maybe i would renew my plugins and support plan)
just saying...
I agree whole heartily. With that said I probably won't be using Colab or further up my subscription nor upgrade. 12.5 is where I get off this upgrade rollercoaster. I'm going to stay right here with my perpetual HD license.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
I agree whole heartily. With that said I probably won't be using Colab or further up my subscription nor upgrade. 12.5 is where I get off this upgrade rollercoaster. I'm going to stay right here with my perpetual HD license.

I agree, but when is the last time Avid brought new features that didn't need a bug fix?

Hopefully everything is stable by the end of the year....

I have a feeling that the best place to park a computer would be on the Windows side of life......they have more compatible versions across fewer OS iterations
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:44 AM

Can anyone confirm that the Premium or Professional cloud storage plans can be purchased month-to-month? I could just purchase one month, if I needed it?
Old 03-30-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I agree, but when is the last time Avid brought new features that didn't need a bug fix?

Hopefully everything is stable by the end of the year....

I have a feeling that the best place to park a computer would be on the Windows side of life......they have more compatible versions across fewer OS iterations
This is true! So far 12.5 is very stable for me on 10.10.5. Hopefully it will stay that way. Lol! I'm going to let my upgrade subscription run out. Again, hopefully if there are any bug fixes needed it will come thru before it runs out. If I need to get back in I will go with Vanilla. Personally I just don't see any advantage to HD anymore. When it comes to computers, I've been building them since the early 90's and when I purchased my first Mac I haven't looked back. So far it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I don't have to be a computer tech anymore I can just be creative making music.

Last edited by zion; 03-30-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor4814 View Post
Can anyone confirm that the Premium or Professional cloud storage plans can be purchased month-to-month? I could just purchase one month, if I needed it?
yes BUT you can only change your Avid Cloud subscription twice per year.
though that may change
Old 03-30-2016, 04:08 PM

1 TB of dropbox space costs $ 9.99 per month ( that is $ 0.005 for 500MB, $ 0.2 for 20 GB). . No limits of collaborator count (you as a space owner choose). No dependancy of the DAW brand. And much cheaper than Pro Tools cloud.

I like many of the new features that PT 12.5 collaboration but they are of no use (in 95% of the cases) when I have to collaborate with musicians who have Logic, Cubase or nothing (except that they are extraordinaire musicians).

If I am lucky, maybe one or two guys working on a same song are having PT 12.5, but as soon as take another guy to the project who has not, we all have to quit PT12.5 collaboration mode and come back to dropbox sharing - just because PT collaboration is so restricted, with no third party cloud or sharing support.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMA View Post
1 TB of dropbox space costs $ 9.99 per month ( that is $ 0.005 for 500MB, $ 0.2 for 20 GB). . No limits of collaborator count (you as a space owner choose). No dependancy of the DAW brand. And much cheaper than Pro Tools cloud.

I like many of the new features that PT 12.5 collaboration but they are of no use (in 95% of the cases) when I have to collaborate with musicians who have Logic, Cubase or nothing (except that they are extraordinaire musicians).

If I am lucky, maybe one or two guys working on a same song are having PT 12.5, but as soon as take another guy to the project who has not, we all have to quit PT12.5 collaboration mode and come back to dropbox sharing - just because PT collaboration is so restricted, with no third party cloud or sharing support.
Good point! Definitely something to consider.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Kolchak View Post
@ Tom Graham

Hey Tom,

I haven't seen any info on this, so apologies if it's been covered elsewhere...

Regarding the Artist Chat Window, and how we approach other artists / are approached ourselves when soliciting for collaboration :

For those of us that like to keep our DAW offline the majority of the time, is it possible to have messages pushed to other services, like email / SMS etc?

It would be great to know that we're not missing any vital communication, simply because we don't want our DAW online.

Naturally it will be necessary to connect the DAW during upload / download when using Cloud Collaboration features, but it would be a pain to have to remain on line, in order to be sure we're not missing a reply from a prospective collaborator, or a potential offer that is dependant on a timely response.

Cheers!
Hi Carl,

I see your point and the answer is not at this time - they'd have to send you an email/text seperately to say you have a notification or change waiting in Pro Tools Cloud Collab.

On the flip side - My Pro Tools rig always has a live internet connection attached and I have the tick box checked for 'keep me signed in' to my Avid Account in Pro Tools so if I get a notification it lights up right next to my toolbar letting me know. I'm confident nothing will upload unless I say so…

Hope this helps…
Cheers,
Tom

[email protected]

Check out our Pro Mixing Webinars :
http://www.avid.com/US/resources/pro-mixing-webinars

Avid Pro Mixing Blog:
http://www.avidblogs.com/promixing/