Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2009, 07:29 PM

Default Banned... wow

So I posted with permission from the guy the contact info of higher up at Pace/Ilok.

Digi bans me for a week.

I emailed them 4 times to explain, no response.

Thank you very much for proving to that you don't give a crap about your customers.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Banned... wow

You should not have done that
Old 11-01-2009, 09:10 PM

ouch.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:30 PM

What's the point of this thread? Are you hoping they'll read this and let you re-post the guy's info? Don't hold your breath. More likely you'll get banned for another week, or for good.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottleader View Post
So I posted with permission from the guy the contact info of higher up at Pace/Ilok.
I find it hard to believe that this guy gave permission to have is personal contact info posted on a public forum

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:05 AM

The point is not that I was banned, or if it was ok or not to post his info.
The point is that after doing it, they (DUC) ignored multiple emails of me explaining that I had permission so there was no problem.

Fellow users were having Ilok problems and like usual could not get support, I knew of a way they could. This person's info is on the pace website, is public information, and told me I could post it for others who need help.

So, whatever, end of post--My point is I am tired of the Holier-Than-Thou attitude of Digi and they obvious way they could give a crap about their customers.

Perhaps maybe a comment from DIGI would be welcome since they ignored all of my emails.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
The point is not that I was banned, or if it was ok or not to post his info.
The point is that after doing it, they (DUC) ignored multiple emails of me explaining that I had permission so there was no problem.

Fellow users were having Ilok problems and like usual could not get support, I knew of a way they could. This person's info is on the pace website, is public information, and told me I could post it for others who need help.

So, whatever, end of post--My point is I am tired of the Holier-Than-Thou attitude of Digi and they obvious way they could give a crap about their customers.

Perhaps maybe a comment from DIGI would be welcome since they ignored all of my emails.
I think there is a whiners thread somewhere...
I am sure that it is not your first banning from this or other websites. I am amazed that one can stay in business without a modicum of social skills, tact, and taste... despite being "certified".
Simply put, Digi has rules. We all skirt them sometimes and Digi seems to cut a LOT of slack. I think it is all the surrounding posts of "good will" that comes back to haunt you. Just try to get along. The World (digi included) is not out to get you. ff
Old 11-02-2009, 07:58 AM

Never post personal info, not ever. If that info is on another web site, then why not just post a link to that web site as it is then their problem.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:09 AM

J Freak--
Yes- I should have done that. Good Point.

I am not upset that i was banned. I am upset that I was ignored by DIGI after the fact, and BTW, they still haven't responded.

Form-
This is not a social networking site. This is not a dating club. This site is for USER SUPPORT for Pro Tools. End of story. You may not give a crap, but I personally get very disgusted at the fact that I have invested a large sum of money into Digi and their products and can not seem to get the decency of communication from them. THIS IS THE POINT.

So, they will ban me for something within 30 seconds, but refuse to answer the 10's of emails asking for help or BTW, the posts I have made asking for help or the curtsey of a response.

Its not about being banned, or breaking the rules. Its about DIGIs lack of ability to communicate with those that pay their salaries by buying products. Period.

I know I am not the only one. I have emails today from other users who have had similar problems with DIGI's communication. But if you vocalize it you have to deal with the people who feel the need to berate me for "Whining"

Whatever, I am so frikking done with this site and DIGI as a whole. If I had the down time I would rip out all the digi gear and the ICON and sell it all on ebay...In fact, if anyone wants some cheap gear, email me....

DIGI, SHAME ON YOU FOR IGNORING YOUR CUSTOMERS.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
J Freak--
Yes- I should have done that. Good Point.

I am not upset that i was banned. I am upset that I was ignored by DIGI after the fact, and BTW, they still haven't responded.

Form-
This is not a social networking site. This is not a dating club. This site is for USER SUPPORT for Pro Tools. End of story. You may not give a crap, but I personally get very disgusted at the fact that I have invested a large sum of money into Digi and their products and can not seem to get the decency of communication from them. THIS IS THE POINT.

So, they will ban me for something within 30 seconds, but refuse to answer the 10's of emails asking for help or BTW, the posts I have made asking for help or the curtsey of a response.

Its not about being banned, or breaking the rules. Its about DIGIs lack of ability to communicate with those that pay their salaries by buying products. Period.

I know I am not the only one. I have emails today from other users who have had similar problems with DIGI's communication. But if you vocalize it you have to deal with the people who feel the need to berate me for "Whining"

Whatever, I am so frikking done with this site and DIGI as a whole. If I had the down time I would rip out all the digi gear and the ICON and sell it all on ebay...In fact, if anyone wants some cheap gear, email me....

DIGI, SHAME ON YOU FOR IGNORING YOUR CUSTOMERS.
You may have some good points... but why not spend 75.00 and actually talk to someone, assuming your gear is out of warranty. Imagine the time you wasted writing so many emails. You become a nuisance to them, no? A whiner to their ears, no doubt
Overreaction is rarely a good thing, and threatening to sell your gear.. well that reminds me of the sherif holding himself hostage in Blazing Saddles. ff