Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2009, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Digi please don't get distracted with whiners

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampmusic View Post

Windows 7 comes out tomorrow, I'm sure sonor will blaze on it. What's holding you back?

Yeah.

*blaze* on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbJGz...layer_embedded
Old 10-23-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottleader View Post
so they can deal with the overwhelming BS with version 8 and get people running smoothly--especially people who were running smoothly before the "upgrade."
And this is the essence of the whole problem. But, it's 'our' fault 8 is not working

Back to composing

--------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:02 PM

Seems that there are also a lot of people using 8 effectively and solidly. There are problems, some rather serious..... but I don't expect digi to hold my hand, and guide me through the troubleshooting steps. There are many rigs out there running pretty well, utilizing all the new features and making good music.
I would bet that those with "major" operational problems have not done a thorough troubleshooting, then get frustrated..... and whine for free tech service. ff
Old 10-23-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
Seems that there are also a lot of people using 8 effectively and solidly. There are problems, some rather serious..... but I don't expect digi to hold my hand, and guide me through the troubleshooting steps. There are many rigs out there running pretty well, utilizing all the new features and making good music.
I would bet that those with "major" operational problems have not done a thorough troubleshooting, then get frustrated..... and whine for free tech service. ff
But most of 'us' had 0 -to- no issues with 7.4...

You expect an 'upgrade' to be just that. Same, but better.

I'll make do :) I LOVE PT8 for the most part. Still makes my knees go weak just looking at that sexy beast

--------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nod25 View Post
Still makes my knees go weak just looking at that sexy beast
so you have a thing for the pink little pakie?

Old 10-24-2009, 10:51 PM

Formfunction....
Seriously? You really think I would get on here and bitch to DIGI (who by the way continues to ignore my request to wave fee tech support for these issues caused by their buggy as hell upgrade,) without spending time trying to tech myself? I got frikkin 3 projects going on at once and clients paying good money to work in my studio. This is a matter of professional courtesy. I have spent close to 30 hours uninstalling, reinstalling, tweaking settings, removing plug ins (which, by the way, worked just fine with 7.4), trashing prefs, etc etc etc.

My rig has taken a giant leap backwards since this "upgrade..." And like I have asked 5 times before with NO ANSWER FROM DIGI, either help me fix my rig, or for the love of sweet God, please just return my V7 auth to my ilok account so I can take 8 and throw it away. I had to surrender my v7 auth in order to install 8, there is debate on why this was so because some people didn't need to do this, Digi sends me to Pace, Pace sends me to Digi.

Finally, like most of you, I have invested ALOT of money in the hardware for Pro Tools. If I didn't, believe me I would have used the PT 8 disc for a coaster and gone to Logic, but I am in it for the long haul since my initial investment of close to $100,000 when you factor in the ICON. And, because up until now I had my system running super smooth.

So, don't assume that those of us with serious issues that are costing us time and money are from laziness or lack of knowledge. I happen to be certified in Pro Tools 6 and 7-- I know what I am talking about. Digi on the other hand has dropped the ball and could give a crap about its customers which is obvious by the 0 responses I have gotten from them.

Kudos to you for having a bug free V8 running. Great. Now instead of assuming that we are all lazy stupid a-holes, why don't you help the problem or just shut up. I am so tired of the attitudes on this site, its ridiculous.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottleader View Post
I happen to be certified in Pro Tools 6 and 7-- I know what I am talking about. Digi on the other hand has dropped the ball and could give a crap about its customers which is obvious by the 0 responses I have gotten from them.
Dude, there was a post where digitech asked you for info twice, with this being the last. You may have responded elsewhere but you definitely did not respond to his post. What do you expect? Other posters asked you questions, trying to help, and you do not respond.

Quote:
Scott - have you contacted someone at Digi about your situation and, if so, who did you speak to?

The only time you'd have to surrender a license is when you get a discounted upgrade. Is that the case?

In the meantime I'm going to look into any records we have here for you and see if I can figure out where things stand. I don't see any reason why we can't at least give you a temp 7.4 license given the situation...
Your words. Certainly not mine. Not nice of you to call other folks that.
Quote:
I am so tired of the attitudes on this site, its ridiculous.
My guess is that your attitudes and lack of thoroughness is why you get few responses.(And possibly why your system is so buggy) Karma. ff
Old 10-25-2009, 07:25 AM

Unhappy Re: Digi please don't get distracted with whiners

It's easy to get worked up.

There are plenty of issues in 8 - even with 8.0.1 I'm noticing things that were a non-issue in 7x. The plug-in-pickiness is pretty severe - even more so with 8.0.1 then 8.0cs3. So a lot of people got their rigs tweaked for cs3 and are now having problems just moving to 8.0.1!

It's almost been a year, now, with PT8. That's about how long we expect a working stable version of PT takes. (it took a year just for Leopard support, however, and their rush to not have that happen again may be part of the problem). Last night I ran 8.0.1 in a vocal tracking session. My KTB kept moving me over too far with one notch-scroll - I had to consistently add the command key to my shift-scroll. PITA. The transport function of the numerical keypad was gone. I had to rifle thru pref's to change it to 'transport' (I seem to remember the '3' key working in the 'Classic' transport option, but alas).

Selections seem better, but...... (wait for it) .....

WORKSPACE IS STILL HOSED.

The FIRST time I play a two-mix off a CD the client brought in last night - fail.

FAIL.

Now the system is up to date, databases trashed, pref's trashed. Every plugin updated. Oh man, do I tire of this repair permissions/database/pref's/plug yank dance I have to do to make PT work. It's beyond insane.

So YES I'LL HAVE TO WHINE SOME MORE.

Workspace. Loop crash. Fail. Sort it out. Again.

(rant temporarily off)
Old 10-25-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Russell View Post
It's easy to get worked up.

There are plenty of issues in 8 - even with 8.0.1 I'm noticing things that were a non-issue in 7x. The plug-in-pickiness is pretty severe - even more so with 8.0.1 then 8.0cs3. So a lot of people got their rigs tweaked for cs3 and are now having problems just moving to 8.0.1!

It's almost been a year, now, with PT8.
For almost a year, since day one, I have whined and remonstrated often only to be hazed and admonished both in emails from some of you guys and in your posts for my tact and demeanor.

Threads have been eliminated....words that really told the truth about things in my opinion by me and others were tossed into cyber heaven.

But it appears the natives in the jungle are beginning to hear the thunder and roar of the Pink Elephant.

These ARE the Pink Elephant Years.

We are smack dab in the middle of them.

Wondering why some of you don't have a 7 partition and an 8 parition

and they are both backed up on another drive.

I'm able to use both on my rig....

Scott Leader, what did you do in surrendering that keeps you

from being able to do that as well?

and Sean...aren't you a Betaboy

are they talking to you...give us a clue!

Old 10-25-2009, 08:21 AM

I know it doesn't make anything better but.....

Whenever new software is released for any platform/application there is a teething period?

They can test till they're blue in their 'beta' faces, but the true test only comes after release. Everyones systems are different and everyone implements software in many differing ways resulting in many different problems.

I was due to upgrade one system on a PPC from 7.4 to 8. This would mean installing leopard and then the updates. I have decided against it. I do have other systems that run 8 on leopard with intels so it is not a massive issue. But my point is if your system works you do not have to 'keep up with the Jones's'. Wait for the problems to be ironed then jump on the wagon.

A:)