Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2009, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Digi please don't get distracted with whiners

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampmusic View Post
I was very careful to keep it above the belt.

Quote:

Truthfully the way that some of you react to an alternative idea tells a lot more about you than your particular complaint.
exactly where do you wear that truth belt of yours?
i could suggest a place.....

i apologize i think i mis-spelled sonar

Old 10-21-2009, 06:20 PM

Windows 7 and Sonar?

Well, I guess I only got two issues with that

1. Windows (anything)

2. Sonar isn't PT.

That was easy!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Before you read my post, I just want to mention, I don't intend to offend or diminish anyone's legitimate opinion, but only challenge people to look at things from another perspective. :)

I have commented on this before. Constructive criticism is good. Why do some of the posters feel the need to continually nag, and bash. When it's the same ppl over and over again it's hard to see what the objective is other than to gripe.

Demographically speaking, people come here to look for technical help, user observations and other solutions. IMHO there are a vast amount of users that are able to get work done with their systems. No need to come and post here.

Is anyone forcing you to upgrade your system? Do you have a configuration that works? then stay there.

I replaced my last G5 system 4th quarter 2008 and still got a $500 trade in allowance from my Digi dealer. Not to mention that my older hardware paid for itself over and over 1000's of times during the 3 years of service. I got a lot out of my investment.

In closing Digi, please don't mistake the persistence of a small percentage of people as a mandate.

Don't get me wrong, PT8 is very usable, are there some bugs that need to be worked out sure.

It concerns me that after a few posts Digi is now re-thinking legacy peripheral support of interfaces that are circa early 2000's. Is this gonna make things like SL compatibility or new hardware R&D further away?

Priorities.

Sincerely,
We all come to the DUC for our own reasons. . . I read your perspective and I certainly don't share it, and nice title BTW.

Most of us want changes, when there are benefits at a fair cost. We DO NOT want changes when it is expensive and has little or no benefit. Changes like making the legacy peripheral port useless has no benefit to the customer, although it helps Digi sell new hardware. . . the only other benefit is that it saves Digi a little time in software development as they port things along to new version/platform, and if it is anything more than a minor issue, then it was due to poor initial software/hardware design. Digi should not let themselves off that easily at the expense of loyal customers.

Although Protools has many features beyond what many of us need or desire, Protools also is still adding features users had 10+ years ago with other products, and which users have been asking for just as long. This is one reason many of us need to continue to upgrade and can not just sit with the last version because to us it is still hobbled/missing-features we require. However being held hostage for expensive hardware upgrades, is like being marooned on a deserted Island (without Ginger or Mary-Anne), especially frustrating for a project studio that just does not make enough money to keep replacing working gear, due to hardware obsolescence. . . . and I have heard large facilities say the same thing when they add up the cost of a half dozen rooms it gets very expensive. And please!, no one say "Digi gives deals for hardware upgrades", because they really don't. The upgrade prices are still at big $ compared to manufacturing cost, and loyal customers have already antie'd up. It has been more cost effective to sell your old hardware and buy new from a reasonable dealer (I have done it 4 times to date in the last 10 years). Digidesign would do better to lower upgrade prices significantly, to help rid the market of used gear, which further increases new sales. I guess their MBA in charge of those decisions missed that day in class, although they certainly didn't miss the class on staged obsolescence, which is a method Digi employs to get more $ from loyal customers.

I have seen many cases where people are asking Digi to do the right thing, and being persistent, sometimes to a fault. Only a small percentage of people that own Digi's products even make it to this forum, so it is always "the few" expressing to be heard. I know from networking with other peers outside the internet, there is common opinion/experience. . . so maybe only the "same ppl" the starting post mentions are just the brave ones.

We all have the option to read whichever posts we wish and ignore others. . . so if certain topics/posts are too much for someone, I suggest they don't click and read 'em.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
I wonder if this very vocal handful of users always greet opposing viewpoints by attacking them personally?
You can oppose all you like but your candid way of spelling the truth reflects that of a coward more than that of an "oppositionist"

Quote:
I've already stated it about 3 times, but 1 more time for those that are so enraged about their PT issues - - This post was not meant to personally attack or diminish anyone else viewpoint.
I think you lack a little bit of reality-threshold. Any person possessing social intelligence would KNOW that a thread, especially when carrying that title, will be regarded as an attack.

Quote:
I was very careful to keep it above the belt.
Actually, IMO - you were aiming WAAAAYYYYYYY below the belt from thread one. Hints and circumlocutions are simply better of in politics. Try congress - filled with cowards paraphrasing ANY topic they wanna speak of.

Quote:
I am not alone in my perspective on this original post.
That you had to drag in others to support your opinion does NOT surprise me one bit... or two. But in a healty discussion it is a cain that weak people resort to lean on to emphasize their fading point of view.

Quote:
Truthfully the way that some of you react to an alternative idea tells a lot more about you than your particular complaint.
Truthfully is a word as malplaced in your vocabulary as pig meat would be in the Koran.

Quote:
Good luck to all and pray that PT will one day be the perfect DAW!
Luck aint got dip to do with this or anything else.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
I've already stated it about 3 times, but 1 more time for those that are so enraged about their PT issues - - This post was not meant to personally attack or diminish anyone else viewpoint. I was very careful to keep it above the belt. Maybe I wasn't clear the first 3 times I mentioned it. LOL
I've stayed out of this 'debate' because I thought all sides were getting a fair shake.. However this statement by you is utter rubbish.

I mean c'mon.. you called anyone that was vocally unhappy a 'whiner' in your original heading! Then you poo-poo anyone tha disagrees with you.. LOL

I think your just a troll that was looking for a little action... (old BBS term BTW, I'm not implying that you live under a bridge).

Troll-on!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:58 AM

lampmusic:

when challenges arise,

you will get faster support and wider experience of solution from the whining users (your colleagues) that you yourself are whining about.

you are mirroring the behaviour you "think" you see.

careful what you think

what part of
"your unconditional friends aren't enjoying your hissy fits"
do you not understand?

you might be better off respecting the free speech of others rather than be like Paul in the Bible with your Letters of Remonstrance.

be a part the light of the world and illuminate and love another.

THAT is your job here.

There is a blinding light experience in store for you and hopefully you will say "YES" to the give of enlightenment.....

be still and know.... that when we "whine" we are loving AVID toughly

they need it.

nothing could be more clear than that.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiojimi View Post
no "Perhaps" about this

SCOTT you win the most enlightened poster of the week award!

great idea
So, DIGI- how about it, you guys want to step up and put your money/time behind this product and take care of us customers? I think it is not out of line to have the fee waved to get to the bottom of all this nonsense.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottleader View Post
So, DIGI- how about it, you guys want to step up and put your money/time behind this product and take care of us customers? I think it is not out of line to have the fee waved to get to the bottom of all this nonsense.

imagine if the "whiners" we're allowed their money back

do you think the whine line would get longer than it already is?

would lampmusic get in line for his mastercard rebate?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:52 PM

I don't know... But I was not suggesting a rebate, I was suggesting, quite seriously, that DIGI wave to fee to technical support so they can deal with the overwhelming BS with version 8 and get people running smoothly--especially people who were running smoothly before the "upgrade."
Old 10-23-2009, 02:06 PM

Hello. My name is guitar486, and I'm a whiner.

Mac Pro 2008 (Harpertown) -- OS X 10.8.2 -- 16GB RAM -- WD Black Drives -- UA Apollo Quad -- Pro Tools 10 w/ CPTK