Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Digi please don't get distracted with whiners

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampmusic View Post
Maybe people are not interested in an opposing viewpoint.
LoL!
Old 10-20-2009, 02:09 PM

Wow!!!

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:25 PM

wasn't it one of the wise men who said:

"If you don't like the peaches....don't shake the tree."

Old 10-20-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawgster View Post
I listened to the "whiners" and just upgraded to 7.4.2 instead of 8.0

And it's looking very good from here boyee!!!

Thanks for the heads up!
You chose the "whiners" and you are missing out on the fact that a lot of us are running 8.0.1 with no problems at all, and are liking and using the new features. Things can look a lot different if you listen to all sides instead of just the one.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawgster View Post
I listened to the "whiners" and just upgraded to 7.4.2 instead of 8.0

And it's looking very good from here boyee!!!

Thanks for the heads up!
I don't know if you realized that 7.4.2 still has the Beat Detective tempo mapping bug which had been fixed in 8.0.1. I really dig 8.0.1, but if I had to go back to do proper beat detective stuff it would be in 7.3.

Pro Tools 10 HD Native | Mbox 3 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.3 i5 | OSX 10.7.4

Pro Tools Music & Post Operator V6-8, Instructor, and Expert ICON Mixer Certified.
Multi-Platinum Pro Tools Videos
Old 10-20-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
How many of you have actually called and talked to tech support at DIGI? What are they saying to you?"
Um, Yes. And they say I need to pay extra money for phone support since my warranty period is up. This is another major source of drama. Perhaps they should wave the fee for support since their product is so obviously flawed.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
You chose the "whiners" and you are missing out on the fact that a lot of us are running 8.0.1 with no problems at all, and are liking and using the new features. Things can look a lot different if you listen to all sides instead of just the one.
I find the statement that you are having no problems at all confusing, when Digi have clearly stated the bugs related to ADC in 8 right up to 8.0.1 are in the works to be fixed? This can only mean one of two things.. your use of protools is limited to small sessions that don't really need ADC (like voice overs and such) or you find it acceptable to continually toggle ADC on and off in the menu bar to make sure its "ON" If the latter is the case, then all is not fine and your giving people a false representaion of the stability of the software.

I'm honestly not having a go at you, I just want to see this (with the many other digi recognized bugs) fixed so we can all go back to making music without doubt.

LSS
Old 10-20-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottleader View Post
Perhaps they should wave the fee for support since their product is so obviously flawed.

no "Perhaps" about this

SCOTT you win the most enlightened poster of the week award!

great idea

Old 10-20-2009, 06:03 PM

Hey, no offense taken at all.

The toggling ADC on and off to reset it, however, has been in the P Tools software ever since ADC was first introduced. It works fine if you make sure to go through this admittedly pain in the butt procedure that, of course, we shouldn't have to do in the first place. It's not a bug that is specific to P Tools 8 though. I do 50 to 80 or so track records and I got used to having to do this a long time ago.

I agree that there are some things that need to be fixed, but none of them are deal breakers for me. Also, if we're talking stability here, 8.0.1 is stable as a rock for me. No crashes, no work stoppers period. I use it all day long every day and it works just fine.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
II just don't see the objective of spamming over and over. There's even a few posts where people are making up song lyrics, and nicknames for different products.
I've been using PT and the DUC since '05. I too, cannot remember as much complaining going on as right now. The reason is NOT that people are starting to whine out of sheer desire to whine. The reason is that PT along with RTAS and the AIR VIs has never been as buggy as it is now. Still PT is less buggy than any other software on this planet but STILL if no one complain and that publicly PT will fall right in there with Logic and the rest of all the buggy pieces of S****y software out there. I CHOSE to pay 10 times the amount for a DAW being ProTools because I WANT STABILITY. If I did not need that I could have just gone with Logic or whatever.

Since I joined the DUC people have been complaining about RTAS and digi has mentioned numerous times that they are working on it. We have yet to see it happen.

I know for a fact that many of those guys to whom you refer to as whiners are also praisers. IMO a praiser has earned the right to be a complainer.

Besides that starting a post like this is nothing but drawing blood to where none needs to flow. You advise US whiners to CALL digi and whine there but still you USE the DUC to call on digi NOT to be distressed about US whiners. Maybe you should have called digi personally, telling them "digi please don't get distracted with whiners" That is if you are someone actaully following your OWN advise instead of your own hypocrisy.