Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2009, 01:33 AM

Default from 8.0 to 7.4.2

Dear Digi,

I am using a G5 DP and a ProControl. With PT 8.0 (and 8.0.1) I have the matrix problem and the fix will be in 8.0.2, but that version won't support the G5. So I guess I have to go back to 7.4.2.

The last version I bought before PT 8 was 7.1. Do I have to buy 7.4.2 or will it work with my 8.0 licence on my ilok?

Thanks, Niels
Old 09-21-2009, 03:14 AM

Default Re: from 8.0 to 7.4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels B View Post
Dear Digi,

I am using a G5 DP and a ProControl. With PT 8.0 (and 8.0.1) I have the matrix problem and the fix will be in 8.0.2, but that version won't support the G5. So I guess I have to go back to 7.4.2.

The last version I bought before PT 8 was 7.1. Do I have to buy 7.4.2 or will it work with my 8.0 licence on my ilok?

Thanks, Niels
When you ask if you have to GO BACK to 7.4.2 then how can you if you don't have an iLok authorization for 7.4 on your iLok already, I mean how did you ever work with 7.4.2 without one?
Cause that's what you need, a 7.4 iLok asset. 7.1 and 8.0 are different iLok assets.
On the other hand they may fix that bug in a cs release.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:58 AM

I never worked with 7.4.2. My last update before 8.0 was 7.1.
So I have to buy an 7.4 asset after I bought an 8.0 asset which I can't use because of a bug? Can I not swap my 8.0 asset for an 7.4 asset?

Digi wrote that the fix for the matrix bug will be in the next non-cs update.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:24 AM

On the DigiStore, there is this note in the listing for 7.4 updates:

"Note: Pro Tools 7.4 upgrade purchasers are automatically eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools 8 software."

Since the 7.4 update and 8.0 update are the same price, a little wrangling with customer support or your Digi rep might get you sorted with a 7.4 license. In theory, it should be the same to Digi money-wise.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:11 PM

Digi support gave me a licence untill the end of the year.

This is what he wrote:

There is a known issue with the matrix from the ProControl, number 115111, our technicians are currently working on a fix for it, in the meantime, I will give you a temporary iLok license for Pro Tools HD.

Does this mean Digi will have an PT8 update supporting PPC, before the end of the year?

That would be cool!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:48 PM

I actually have a backwards question to this! I have a PT HD 7.4.2 iLok that came with the box. Now i just did the PT HD 8 upgrade box set and no iLok, just activation card. so i activated on digi (avid) and transferred to my iLok account. But I cannot download to the PT 7.4.2 ilok, says it's in use with another account. So essentially..I have to BUY another iLok for PT 8!? I cannot use the same iLok??

you'd think after spending close to $10,000 they could make something compatible...

If I'm wrong any help would be great!

Thanks =)
Old 10-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberplant View Post
I actually have a backwards question to this! I have a PT HD 7.4.2 iLok that came with the box. Now i just did the PT HD 8 upgrade box set and no iLok, just activation card. so i activated on digi (avid) and transferred to my iLok account. But I cannot download to the PT 7.4.2 ilok, says it's in use with another account. So essentially..I have to BUY another iLok for PT 8!? I cannot use the same iLok??

you'd think after spending close to $10,000 they could make something compatible...

If I'm wrong any help would be great!

Thanks =)
This is something that's not under our control - it seems you have your 7.4.2 iLok registered to a different account than you used when registering Pro Tools 8.

Customer service may be able to help you - as long as you've not downloaded the PT8 auth yet, they may be able to reverse the deposit and help you get it deposited to the same account you registered the 7.4.2 iLok under...
Old 10-16-2009, 01:06 PM

But the odd thing is I never registered that to another account. I actually never registered that iLok at all. It came in the box with PT 7.4.2 with an auth on it..I never had to sync or download a license

and Digi phone tech support says they cannot help with auths or iLok issues (the automated message)
Old 10-16-2009, 06:42 PM

I have been BEGGING Digi to revert my 8.0 license back to a 7.4 and they wont do it. So, digi if your "policy" has changed I will GLADLY give up all the BS i have had to deal with since my 8 "upgrade" and to go back to the smooth sailing days of 7. Please... Please... You can even keep the money!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberplant View Post
But the odd thing is I never registered that to another account. I actually never registered that iLok at all. It came in the box with PT 7.4.2 with an auth on it..I never had to sync or download a license

and Digi phone tech support says they cannot help with auths or iLok issues (the automated message)
Where did you buy your 7.4.2 rig? second hand?

This sounds like someone has sold you an "orphaned" ilok that is no longer registered to an account. if this is the case then any ilok auth on such an ilok are unable to be updated or upgraded, those iloks are fixed it time.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.