Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2014, 05:14 PM

Default 003 to C/24 monitor section not operational.

Hi all,

Been having a heck of a time getting ANY signal what so ever from a 003 to monitor in the C/24. Using NEW Digidesign DB25-1/4" cables from...the 003 main monitor out (lines 1&3 L&R) > to "Pro Tools in" on the C/24. Then on the C/24 "control room" DB25 XLR out to Mackie HR824's in (lines 1&3 L&R).

The C/24 "controls" PT's fine via ethernet for the transport controls, channel levels etc....just nothing thru the monitor section.

Any ideas appreciated!
Old 06-14-2014, 06:37 PM

Default Re: 003 to C/24 monitor section not operational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acustiman View Post
Hi all,

Been having a heck of a time getting ANY signal what so ever from a 003 to monitor in the C/24. Using NEW Digidesign DB25-1/4" cables from...the 003 main monitor out (lines 1&3 L&R) > to "Pro Tools in" on the C/24. Then on the C/24 "control room" DB25 XLR out to Mackie HR824's in (lines 1&3 L&R).

The C/24 "controls" PT's fine via ethernet for the transport controls, channel levels etc....just nothing thru the monitor section.

Any ideas appreciated!
The C|24 control surface controlling Pro Tools really tells you nothing about the analog/monitoring stuff.

Start by rereading the monitor section in the C|24 Guide, it is pretty straightforward but people still get confused by its operation. make sure it is not muted (duh), that Main source is selected, the monitor section is in stereo mode, and L and R output are selected, etc.

And you have all the things you need to do debugging right in front of you....

If you plug the monitors directly into the 003 do they work OK?

Do the output meters on the C|24 move?

If you plug headphones into the headphone out can you hear anything? (check the headphone levels are in the monitor section?) If not can you hear the cue mix output in "Cue Mode"?

Try a listen mic and see if you can hear that out the main monitors and headphones.

What do you mean by DB-25 XLR? There are no XLR outputs on the C|24. I assume you mean you have a custom DB-25 to XLR cable ... if so make sure it is wired correctly. Get out a multimeter and check the pin wiring matches the C|24 Guide documentation.

If that does not work try putting an audio signal on the 1/4" TRS Alt inputs and get the monitors working with that input (be sure to select "Alt").

If stuck phone your dealer, folks like Sweetwater or Vintage King etc. should provide very good support for a new purchase.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:07 AM

Darryl,

Thanks for the in depth response!

I guess my question at this point is, any known problems with the monitor section on these boards NOT working, to your knowledge? ...

I've been through the manual & searched the board prior to posting to no avail - & was hoping this was a simple I/O problem within PT's.

Nothings muted, "main" source selected, in stereo mode with L&R and so on.

Did the test on the monitors 1/4" direct out of the the 003 > to the Mackies it's good - I GET A SIGNAL, also meters on the C/24 do "move" during playback - but NOTHING out of the headphones with the level up...checked cue mix - nada.

Next tried the listen mic with listen "on" - nothing out of the mains.

Also using NEW labeled Digidesign cables. For the monitors - a DB25 to XLR cable from the C/24 (DB25) > Mackie (xlr) in. using 1 in left and 3 in right leads.

Tried the Alt out !/4" TRS to the Mackies and got NOTHING with Alt selected.

Will ring-out the cables today with multimeter, but I'm not very hopeful as they are new and i've tried 4 different cables - ALL being new also.

This doesn't look good with the Alt out & listen mic not working! ... everything else on the board works fine - as a control surface that is.

Much thanks.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:29 AM

Default 003 to C/24 monitor section not operational.

If this is a new unit... time to call your dealer. If an used unit was it really working before or not? It may be something as simple as reseating cables or checking internal fuses (although I don't know if the monitor analog power is separately fused).
Old 06-16-2014, 05:38 PM

Try reseting the analog paths in the utility menu on the C24

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 07-07-2014, 12:52 PM

Got it after the analog reset, etc. Thanks all!