Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-07-2020, 06:30 PM

Default Huge Flaw With Subscription Renewal Process

Hi,

Just wanted to point out some trouble I'm currently having with my Pro Tools 1-Year subcription renewal. This may help those PT users like me, who are renewing a subscription for the first ever time, after using Pro Tools perpetual licences for over 10 years.

I am currently completely locked out of Pro Tools, on a Friday night, with a weekly podcast due to release tomorrow. Halfway through my session everything just stopped. Now I can't get back in.

How did I get here?

Well I bought what I thought was a 1-year renewal download code from Andertons.co.uk, 2 weeks ago, which only arrived in my email inbox 2 days ago. When I tried to activate it earlier, it turns out that the code is Avid Pro Tools 'support' only. Which is almost useless to a long time Pro Tools user on the music side.

I immediately bought a download code for the correct 1-year subscription, from Bax-Shop.com, and 12 hours later, it still hasn't arrived, and I can't get into Pro Tools. Originally I wanted to just RENEW VIA THE AVID WEBSITE, but kept getting redirected in a loop back to 'my account' on the Avid website.

This is all ridiculous, and far too much to think about. All the ambiguous terms, the dodgy website, locking me out from a half-edited podcast show.

I love Pro Tools, but I've never been in this situation before. I HOPE FOLKS TAKE CARE OUT THERE WHEN RENEWING. Wish I did!

If I don't get this code from Bax-shop within a couple of hours i'll have to buy another code, from SweetWater maybe, and hope that it arrives asap. Then i'll be waiting for the other 2 refunds for a couple weeks- if I get them. Ffs.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Huge Flaw With Subscription Renewal Process

UPDATE:

Wow! I'm in! I went back on to the Avid website and found a cross-grade option from my old perpetual licence. This allowed me to buy a year's subscription for really cheap (thank you Avid- after all that lol). I now have to refund the Bax order, which should work in my favour as that was 3 times the price!

Guess it was meant to be. Now I get my weekend back, and can have some family time! Phew.

I still think Avid should clean up the whole process and make things clearer, and maybe stop allowing people to sell activation codes, who take longer than 24 hours to give to the customer. That's ridiculous. They'd be quicker sending everyone their codes via Pigeons. It's 2020 now!
Old 02-07-2020, 07:09 PM

I found your case and replied.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
I found your case and replied.
Hi Jeffro,

Just read your email. Thanks for the super swift response. I appreciate the concern, and as you mentioned in the email, yes, I am up and running now 🙂.

Very impressed with Jeffro and Avid's response today. I was very flustered earlier, and it's nice to know that people understand how it can get in the moment.

With appreciation Jeffro & Avid.