Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 08-14-2008, 01:15 PM

Default ProTools/Midi Commandeers Network!

Hello, ProTools Folks;

Late last evening I was fooling around in ProTools, specifically in the Midi setup area, which required me to go into the Audio MIDI Setup & do some routing. I was needing to solve a problem unfamiliar to me and was trying different things, being careful to undo whatever failed to have the desired effect (I thought).
This morning I tried to go online and got an error saying I wasn't connected to the internet. After doing all those routine fix-ups (router/modem/system restarts, reconnecting cables, etc) I went into my network settings where it became obvious right away that my system wasn't seeing any of my network protocols. None of my network information was showing where it should have been in the Network Status window: IP Address, Subnet Mask & Router were all missing.
I began setting up a new connection and got this message:
"Your network settings have been changed by another application."
It appears I did something allowing ProTools to change my Network settings. My OS has no clue it has network capabilities. It's blind. Any suggestions on how to undo this & get my network back in control of itself?

Thanks!

Cayce
cayce@triadstudio.com

PS: Things I've tried: Trashing every related preference pane; Cable tech support; So many attempted other things I can't remember.