Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2009, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Best Free RTAS Plug-ins

Well, here's my two cents, err... plugins. I actually haven't tried them yet but I'm looking forward to trying all of these one posted here!

http://nomadfactory.com/products/dis...ee_bundle.html

http://showmeprotools.com/soundhack-...ools-plug-ins/

Great post! let's try to keep it going. Is there a way to upmod certain posts to move them to the top? Or maybe we should just start a new thread strictly dedicated to free RTAS/Audiosuite plugins. Maybe we'll give a shoutout to Digi that we want more free! (or slightly cheaper lol)

EDIT: Oh! and how could I forget about Frohmage?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:32 AM

Hey these look great! I cant wait to try them out! Thanks for posting them!

BTW, if anyone out there still feels as if they just dont need any of their plug-in licenses (because maybe you have two copies of PT for some reason?), send 'em my way!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:46 PM

What about Propellerhead's ReBirth? It's not RTAS, but runs in ReWire.

http://www.rebirthmuseum.com/

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-08-2009, 03:10 PM

Have a look at these.

brainworx bx solo - (M/S Tool)
Flux Bitter Sweet - (Transient modeler)
Flux Stereo Tool - (Scope + Contol)
RND Inspector - (Analyser)
Sonalksis Free G - (Meter + Control)
SPL free ranger - (EQ)
Studio Devil BVC - (Amp Modeller)

Require Pluggo Runtime:

TriTone Digital - PhaseTone - (Phase adjuster)
TriTone Digital - Colortone Free - (Saturation / Colouration)
Old 05-08-2009, 03:37 PM

oh..

and the dynamic range meter - now available free from brainworx.

Also available from http://www.dynamicrange.de/
Old 05-09-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post
oh..

and the dynamic range meter - now available free from brainworx.

Also available from http://www.dynamicrange.de/
I've been messing around with this Plug all week. Very nice indeed! I love it for setting a point of refrence while mastering.

Nick
PCAudioLabs 2.5GHz Quad-Core Q8300 FSB:1333/1066MHz, NB:IntelG33, SB:Intel ICH9DH/WinXP Pro SP3 / SATA HD's = 160GB(7200/8), 320GB (7200/16) x 2,500GB (7200/32) / 4GB DDR2-800 / FW = TI ChipSet / Gear: Apogee Rosetta800, ADL600, Avalon2022 // M-Audio = Profire Lightbridge, Octane 8's, BX5's BX8's & SBX // ProTools MP 8.0.5 w/ MPTK 2 - Velvet Waves Sonnox IK NI FXpansion Massy -- DVerb2.0 Test = 230 verbs
Old 05-13-2009, 02:21 AM

I get a lot of use out of Roger Nichols Inspector (Free):

http://www.rndigitallabs.com/Plug-ins/native.html

Really useful for not overcooking things.

Windows7 64bit, RME UCX, Asus Z97-P, i7-4790K@4.00Ghz, 32GB Ballistix Ram, Console 1, Unity Audio Rocks, RME UCX.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:07 PM

Okay I know that not everybody has the kind of money to be able to afford something like the Waves Mercury Bundle (TDM Version is $19,000 Australian Dollars), but there can be no argument against the fact that NOTHING, in PT, Logic, Cubase or Sonar, beats the Waves plug-ins, especially the SSL 4000 Collection, which is now pretty much the only EQ and Compressor / Channel Strip that I use out of my extensive collection of plugins. I dont agree that PT is going to be phased out.. It is the most user friendly and highest quality system out of any, and if it costs a bit of money to get better quality then so be it. The only problem with Waves is their Waves Tune, it doesn't stand a chance against Antares Auto-Tune 5 or Evo.
ProTools HD3 System with 8.0, loads of rack gear / processors. Plug-ins include: Waves Mercury Bundle v5, Waves SSL 4000 Collection, Waves API Collection, Apple Logic Studio 8, Sibelius 6, Reason 4, NI Absynth, NI FM8, NI Reaktor5, NI Guitar Rig3, M-Audio iZotope Ozone 4, Focusrite D2/D3, URS Classic Comps, Sonnox Inflator, Antares Auto-Tune 5, and more.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camproductionsAUS View Post
The only problem with Waves is their Waves Tune, it doesn't stand a chance against Antares Auto-Tune 5 or Evo.
I whole heartedly disagree. I've been using Auto Tune since version 4. I have version 5 as well as Evo working on another system, and I use Melodyne as well, plus Waves Tune.

Albee or one of the other guys told me to try the waves Tune and I'm hooked. I can work much faster then in either Auto Tune when making corrections by hand. I think often it sounds more natural especially in the lower tones of a human voice. In my opinion, I can get more out of it as far as correction, without being able to hear the tuning. I really think its a much better program. I like Melodyne as well but I kinda hate the Bridge thingy that it uses, plus where the heck is the RNA already!!

I'd been using Auto Tune 5 for a long time tuning things in manual mode. Its a pain in the rear. I will admit very transparent sound for minor correction. And of course its the "industry standard".

Maybe my feelings will change, but I'm hooked on the Waves Tune. My Auto Tune has been collecting dust for the last 3 months.
PCAudioLabs 2.5GHz Quad-Core Q8300 FSB:1333/1066MHz, NB:IntelG33, SB:Intel ICH9DH/WinXP Pro SP3 / SATA HD's = 160GB(7200/8), 320GB (7200/16) x 2,500GB (7200/32) / 4GB DDR2-800 / FW = TI ChipSet / Gear: Apogee Rosetta800, ADL600, Avalon2022 // M-Audio = Profire Lightbridge, Octane 8's, BX5's BX8's & SBX // ProTools MP 8.0.5 w/ MPTK 2 - Velvet Waves Sonnox IK NI FXpansion Massy -- DVerb2.0 Test = 230 verbs
Old 08-20-2009, 12:20 PM

OK, well this has been a fun thread, and this is what I came up with:

Out of all the plug-ins mentioned here, I found that the Massey plug-ins are the best quality and value. They give you free versions to use (only limit is that they dont save settings or automate), no expiration or noise added, and if you wish to purchase them, they are VERY reasonable. And you dont have to buy a whole bundle just to get those couple of good ones you actually want.

The pluggo and various other plug-ins never worked for me. Theyre free, but they add noise, or just wont work without purchasing them.

Thanks to everyone who contributed!